First Sour--WOW

Had my first Berliner Weisse from New Glarus yesterday. Damn! That’s some sour/tart stuff! I guess it’s an aquired taste that i haven’t found yet. For $10/4 pack, i’ll definitely give it another try! Do you guys add flavoring or drink as is? :?

I’ve never brewed one, but I like them with woodruff syrup. Tastes like Lucky Charms.

I’ve never brewed one, but I like them with woodruff syrup. Tastes like Lucky Charms.[/quote]

Magically delicious? :wink:

My daughter bought me some Berliner Kindl Weisse in Berlin. The shop owner did not want to sell it to her without some syrup. I like it fine without any syrup.

A couple of months back the local brew pub did a Berliner Weisse, as a seasonal.
I had it with and without the syrup. The syrup really brightened it up, but either way it was wonderful. Straight-up it was sour, but not hard core like some sours. With the syrup it reminded me of those sour gummy bear candies.

I like it with AND without syrup. I’d probably have it with the syrup if I was just drinking, and without if I was having an entree.

I had my first sour a few weeks back. Jolly Pumpkin La Roja. It was outstanding! It is definitely a style I want to try more of. It was almost like a carbonated, oaky, sour wine but with some beer flavors as well. I bought a couple more so I can age at least one for a while. The other might get drank tonight.