First brew, need some advice

Actually, Pirate, There’s a lot of great advice on this forum. Whenever I’m posting, my very first impulse, is, “what’s the most smart-ass thing I can say?”. I think there are some guys one here who think the same way. I get more laughs on here than anywhere else, and I believe I’ve made some friends along the way. You are right, a sense of humor goes a long way. And, my beer quality has improved 100%.

Well, it was closer to 70 but not too far off. It just turned cold here and I have the fermentation bucket in the bath tub just in case. It has fermented with very good bubbling action for 3 full days now and it is slowing down. I am going to leave it for at least a week.

Has anyone here tried to carbonate using dry ice? I was reading about this method and, I like that there is no yeast on the bottom of the bottles and, since it is all done in a few minutes, no need to worry about explosions later on, or too little carbonation. I am using ten 2 liter pet bottles so, if I got too aggressive with the frozen CO2, I could just break the cap and let some out. I am just toying with this idea right now. I have plenty of time to consider other options, ie corn sugar, etc.

Thanks for the replies.

Bill

I agree. I have been reading a lot of the posts lately and I have learned a lot. Also, I too am a natural born smart-ass so i can relate.

Thanks,

Bill

I just ran across this on another forum:

http://www.fizzgiz.com/

Anyone seen this? It appears to easily carbonate 2 liter bottles very quickly. I am considering trying this method. It looks like it is about $28 US but they show how you can make one yourself for a lot less. Looks safer than the dry ice method.

What do you guys think?

Bill