Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

First batch with NB

So I brewed my first batch with NB caribou slobber. What is a good temperature to ferment this beer at? I usually keep my house at 70-72. It has been approx 1 hour since pitching the yeast and the fermentor is already bubbling. Should I move this to a cooler spot or have I done everything right?

Thank you and cheers,

Vinny

Which yeast?

I like to have my beer fermenting in the mid 60’s. So you need an air temp in the low 60’s to high 50’s. Unless it’s a Sasion, then I go for the upper 60’s wort temp with WY3711.

See my signature line for ways to keep the temp down if you don’t have a room close to 60.

I used the danstar dry yeast that came standard with the kit. I will move it to a cooler spot in the house when I get off my shift. After reading the replies I think 65 degrees should work well. I have never seen fermentation start that quickly before, even if my last kit was MR. beer

I also kept mine in the mid 60’s and I used the dry yeast as well. I find, after a few weeks in the keg, its very smooth and enjoyable.

I moved my fermentor downstairs where it is at around 65-67 F. I am still curious as to why I was seeing and hearing bubbling in the airlock so quickly.

Vinny

If you had chilled it below ambient temp before pitching, it would push out air when it warms.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com