Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

First batch bottled

Well I bottled my first batch tonight and now the waiting begins. I have to say it does taste like moose drool and after a few more weeks I bet it’s even closer as long as my bottling and sanitation were good :slight_smile:

I hate waiting…I always have to go do some ‘research’ for my next brew to pass the time. :slight_smile:

I know, I hate the wait. I know my next one will be black IPA and after that an alt as my basement ferments at 58-60 degrees.

I made the mistake of getting Belgian Golden Strong Ale for my first brew. Well, mistake only in that it will take four months to be ready to drink. That’s a long wait for your first beer, right?

[quote=“GarretD”]I know, I hate the wait. I know my next one will be black IPA and after that an alt as my basement ferments at 58-60 degrees.[/quote]An extra bucket (or three) is your best friend when starting out - you have something to take your mind off the beer that’s carbing and plenty of other beer to drink when you’re brewing every 2-3 weeks.
That Black IPA should already be in the fermenter by now!

. . . . or 6 or 8 … . . :slight_smile:

As Tom Petty would say, “The waaaaaiting is the hardest part”. Well worth it though.

I totally suggest getting more buckets and throwing a few more batches under your belt before the first is done carbing up. If you finish drinking a batch before brewing another the waiting is more miserable the second time.

Ha, I already have 2 six gallon carboys and one has EPA in it that I will bottle the weekend of the 21st.

I’m debating what the next one will be…I have an Arrogant Bastard clone recipe and kinda want to do that . Does anyone have a fool proof AB extract clone recipe?

[quote=“GarretD”]I’m debating what the next one will be…I have an Arrogant Bastard clone recipe and kinda want to do that . Does anyone have a fool proof AB extract clone recipe?[/quote]There’s a good thread on this board with a clone. Can’t recall if it includes an extract version, but if not, just use the lightest possible DME, steep the 10% Special B, and be sure to dryhop with at least an ounce of Chinooks.

I know which thread you are talking about and it does have an extract recipe as well…so are you saying you brewed it and it was pretty darn close?

+1 on more fermenters!

I brewed my first in the first week of July. During the second week of July I ordered a second Better Bottle and 2 more ingredient kits. I have since brewed some partial mashes and collect the equipment for all grain. I am now up to 4 all grain brews and have added a bucket fermenter. Tomorrow I am meeting a Craigslist seller to get 2) 60qt. stainless steel pots. And to brew another AG pale ale. I’m excited!

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com