First all-grain in the books

First all -grain batch is finaly done…not to much trouble…a little under on volume and a little high on sg but nothing out of sorts…Got to work on organizing a bit better…took a good 8 hours from mashin to clean-up…I,ll get it Tank :cheers:

Congratulations! Kind of fun wasn’t it? And it will be worth it! :cheers:

Congrats !! The more you do it you’ll find your routine, you will dial in water vols, evap, and all the other little things, and you will be more efficient with your time. In no time you will cut that in half.
My 2 cents, keep good notes and record times, volumes, temps, etc. so you can look back at what you did. Good job! it does get easier and more fun. Cheers…

Gratz, just got done my first AG BIAB. Unfortunately exact opposite, hit my volumes but not the gravity.

After a couple years of satisfied extract brewing, I did my first all grain batch last year. Done a bunch since. I keep trying to get ALL the numbers to align, but I’m having more fun perfecting the process than I ever expected.

And after every batch, no matter how it goes, I ask myself the same thing.
– Why the hell did it take me so long to try all grain?!

Keep having fun, and make some great beer!

[quote=“JMcK”]After a couple years of satisfied extract brewing, I did my first all grain batch last year. Done a bunch since. I keep trying to get ALL the numbers to align, but I’m having more fun perfecting the process than I ever expected.

And after every batch, no matter how it goes, I ask myself the same thing.
– Why the hell did it take me so long to try all grain?!

Keep having fun, and make some great beer![/quote]
Oh man… hitting numbers realy well… Went o secondary at 6.6% added vannilla beans till b ottling day… I agree…I should have treid all-grain sooner Tank :cheers:

Well I think I did pretty well for my first all-grain. Opened my first bottle Yesterday and it was great! Once it ages some it should be awesome! Think I,ll be doing this some more fer sure… :cheers:

wait til you keg! You’ll be saving a bunch of time again! I felt the MOST rewarding is when you find a style/type of brew you like and be able to get close to it with your brew… you’ll hunt down different yeast,hop addition schedule, water types, how to swap out grain for a different flavor, mash temps, final conditioning…. Whew… ITS great fun, and these forums give you a place to read and learn from others farther down the road… :cheers: