I’ll be brewing my first AG this weekend. It’ll either be a SA Boston Lager clone or a simple California Common…haven’t decided yet and it might come down to what LHBS has available for ingredients.
I have my 10 gallon Igloo round beverage cooler and LHBS is going to help me convert it for my mash tun. I will be batch sparging.
The process is where I need confirmation from you all.
My grain bill will be 10lbs for a 5 gallon batch.
- Mash in with 3.50gal of water. Strike temp 166F (grain temp 70F).
- Sacch’ Rest at 152F for 60 minutes
- Start heating 5.50gal of sparge water to 185F
- Vorlauf then drain into boil kettle
- Add sparge water and stir thoroughly
- Vorlauf and drain into boil kettle
- Bring to boil as normal with hop additions etc etc etc proceeding as usual
I used a mash and sparge water calculator from “Brew 365” website.
Please make any corrections or adjustments and suggestions as I’m anxious to learn AG brewing.