First AG brew

I will be brewing my first AG brew next Sunday and have a few questions. When I extract brew I have always used bottled spring water. My tap water has a ph of 9.3 to 9.5. If I were to use that would I need to adjust the ph of my sparge water. The water does not taste bad just a little heavy.

Thanks.

That seems high to me. However, there is more to it than just the pH #.
1.) What are you brewing (big difference between a stout and a pilsner for instance)
2.) Do you happen to know anything else about your water?

I am brewing NB’s cream ale kit. I have a report from the water company. I will most likely stick with bottled spring until I learn some more about water treatment. We are basically concerned with 6 ions for brewing correct?

With something that light, I would say the bottled spring water is a decent idea. This link is a section in “How to Brew” by Palmer - It is pretty good in regard to water chemistry basics in case you do not already have the book.

Some of the main numbers you want are: Calcium, Magnesium, Sulfate, Bicarbonate, Total Alkalinity, Chloride . … . . . probably forgetting some.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section3/chapter15.html

Brewed this last Sunday according to plan. Came out with 78% efficiency. Not bad. Og was 1.042. Pitched yeast starter. Monday found the top blown off the primary. First time that ever happened. Made a quick blow off tube and all is now well. Thanks for the water help by the way. Going to make a hoppy wheat next weekend.