Finished my Keezer… check it out!

I’m still fairly new to brewing but I got tired of bottling very quickly and have a very understanding wife. I finished my little 3 faucet keezer and have 3 beers on tap and couldn’t be happier! Please share my joy! :mrgreen:

Looks great! I’m trying to talk the wife into letting me buy some kegs. I have an extra pale ale that I would love to put in my first keg when it’s done.

nice work!

Well, except for the Killians handle that is :mrgreen:

what size chest freezer did you use? can you post a pic of inside? thanks!! looks great!

I think it was 7 cubic feet. It’s pretty small but I got a floor model at my local big box home improvement store for under $150. I can fit 3 five gallon kegs, or 2 five and 2 two and a half gallon kegs. But it works great. :cheers:

Very nice. I want to build one like that. I like the tongue and groove on the wood collar, nice touch. Are you using a Johnson’s Control digital thermostat?

Very nice!! I, too, like the tongue and groove design.

Yes it’s a Johnson Controls A419 Digital controller. Keeps the beer at 38 degrees.

[quote=“Pietro”]nice work!

Well, except for the Killians handle that is :mrgreen: [/quote]

Well what can I say, I just really think it’s a cool tap handle. I honestly can’t say if I’ve ever actually had a Killian’s or not, but I am serving an Irish Red from that tap so I thought it was fitting.

:cheers:

well done!

Looks good!

Very nice, you got some carpentry skills

[quote=“mmBeer”][quote=“Pietro”]nice work!

Well, except for the Killians handle that is :mrgreen: [/quote]

Well what can I say, I just really think it’s a cool tap handle. I honestly can’t say if I’ve ever actually had a Killian’s or not, but I am serving an Irish Red from that tap so I thought it was fitting.

:cheers: [/quote]

Just givin you a hard time, hombre :mrgreen: …nice work on the keez. I need to build one myself. My mom has an old fridge she said she wanted to get rid of, so I may take advantage of that and hold off on the keezer.

If you ever want to upgrade the tap handles, check this guy out. He used to (still does) hold an annual how-to for homebrew clubs in the Baltimore area. Awesome guy, makes them for a lot of small breweries!

http://www.marksupikco.com/beertaps/custom/custom.html

I like the box joint detail on the collar. I did that when I made my bottle crates and it adds a nice touch.

I’m in the process of pricing my keezer out right now. Finally getting into a house with a 3 car garage, aka my man area, and the wife gave me the go ahead to build one. :cheers:

If I were to purchase the 1 keg system, Co2 tank, and tower, (going tower instead of front faucet), are there any additional necessary pieces that aren’t included in those 3 pieces I would need to purchase?

Seems that if I bought all of those either thru NB or LHBS, that they should come with all bits and pieces, but I am sure that I will need to run out for small things to finish the job. Just trying to get a better handle on this before moving forward.

Change in plans. Doing faucets, and found the faucet kits on NB. Looks like that should be all I need minus the liquid lines from kegs to faucets.

If you’re ordering from NB, I’d call in the order and go through the list so they can double check you. They were super helpful when I did this a few years back. Also, good move on the faucets and not the tower. Make sure you get Perls, though. And a drip tray (didn’t see one on the OP’s rig).

Drip tray is on the list. Just didn’t count it as an important to function piece. Thanks for the tip though on calling it in. Also an LHBS just a few miles from me so will be making trips there for sure.

One last question…what is the smallest size of freezer you would recommend? Found one online that looks to be about 5 cf. Big enough for 3 kegs, Co2 tank, and all needed accessories?

Sorry to high jack the thread.

[quote=“jabonneau86”]Drip tray is on the list. Just didn’t count it as an important to function piece. Thanks for the tip though on calling it in. Also an LHBS just a few miles from me so will be making trips there for sure.

One last question…what is the smallest size of freezer you would recommend? Found one online that looks to be about 5 cf. Big enough for 3 kegs, Co2 tank, and all needed accessories?

Sorry to high jack the thread.[/quote]

I highly doubt that a 5CF freezer would fit 3 kegs. You have to remember that there’s a hump for the compressor. It might fit 2 and a 2.5gal.with the co2 tank stored outside of it. I’m very happy with my 7.2cf kenmore from sears. I got last year over the memorial day sale. It will fit 4 ball lock kegs. I only have 3 taps so I use the extra space to have 1 ready to go or to lager. The hump can fit my 5lb co2 but I decided to leave it out and use the hump for bottle storage.

Another thing I did was instead of getting a temp controller was I pulled out the thermostat and played with the course temp adjustment. It was something like 12 turns in keeps the freezer between 39-42F. It took me about 3 days to figure it out with 2, 5gal buckets filled with water and a thermometer.

I have a 5 CF freezer that I can fit 3 kegs in - but only because it has a quarter area/size compressor hump instead of the more common 1/2 width size.

I can fit 3 corny’s, 2 sixtels & a corny, but not 3 sixtels That extra 1/4 inch keeps the 3 sixtel option from working. The CO2 bottle (in a holder) sits on the hump and there’s still room for hooks on the inside of the plastic collar for mugs.

I have never seen another freezer with a 1/4 hump since though.