Finally brewing this weekend!

Whenever I plan to brew it never comes together… So I am NOT planning on brewing this weekend :smiley: But if time allows I want to to sneak a quick saison with 3726 to the taps.

I think 3787 is a little bland but otherwise makes a good tripel. Got into a conversation with a homebrewer that is really into belgians and he convinced me to try bottling and aging 6 months on my next tripel. Gonna culture up some dregs of Delerium Tremens for it and use champagne bottles. In any event, with belgians, be sure to pitch it cool and only ramp up after high krausen.

[quote=“zwiller”]Whenever I plan to brew it never comes together… So I am NOT planning on brewing this weekend :smiley: But if time allows I want to to sneak a quick saison with 3726 to the taps.

I think 3787 is a little bland but otherwise makes a good tripel. Got into a conversation with a homebrewer that is really into belgians and he convinced me to try bottling and aging 6 months on my next tripel. Gonna culture up some dregs of Delerium Tremens for it and use champagne bottles. In any event, with belgians, be sure to pitch it cool and only ramp up after high krausen.[/quote]

Ok Zwiller will do, I have a bunch la fin du monde bottles I’ve been saving just for this occasion. Now I just have to figure out how to cork em.

Jim

Jim,
Do some digging to confirm whether you can use Unibroue dregs. I am not sure. Best of luck!

[quote=“zwiller”]Jim,
Do some digging to confirm whether you can use Unibroue dregs. I am not sure. Best of luck![/quote]

I would love to try that but that’s a little out of my league right now at this stage. I’m still trying to get my system down and hit my numbers first.

Jim

[quote=“mattnaik”]It’s been a couple months since my last brew. I’ve tried to plan a couple brew days since then but vacations, parties, golf, and general life stuff got in the way (very rough life I lead :lol: ). So it appears the stars are aligning and I’ll be brewing this Sunday! A German Pilsner with my new sack of Best Malz Pilsner.

Anyone else got any brews planned for this weekend?[/quote]
After taking the summer off I’m starting back in tomorrow with a simple AG Irish Red. Have 2 more batches planned for Sept, 3 for October, then it’ll be cold enough to do my late fall/winter lagers. So 9 batches planned between now and New years.
By the way- I used to be known here as JamesRausch, but fried my computer, lost my password and decided it was just easier to start over again.
Here’s to an uneventful and fruitful brewing day to everyone! :cheers: