FG

Hi guys. Does anyone know if you can take a FG after beer has been kegged and carbonated? I took a FG prior to racking to secondary, but my beer really gets me there quicker than it should and wondering if I made a mistake or if it continued fermenting and want to take another FG.

Thanks, T

[quote=“Trapae”]Hi guys. Does anyone know if you can take a FG after beer has been kegged and carbonated? I took a FG prior to racking to secondary, but my beer really gets me there quicker than it should and wondering if I made a mistake or if it continued fermenting and want to take another FG.

Thanks, T[/quote]

Not really sure. Take a sample from the keg, shake it up to expel the C02, maybe let it sit for a while, get the temperature down to 60 degrees, then take a gravity reading. See what you get.

[quote=“Bier brauer”][quote=“Trapae”]Hi guys. Does anyone know if you can take a FG after beer has been kegged and carbonated? I took a FG prior to racking to secondary, but my beer really gets me there quicker than it should and wondering if I made a mistake or if it continued fermenting and want to take another FG.

Thanks, T[/quote]

Not really sure. Take a sample from the keg, shake it up to expel the C02, maybe let it sit for a while, get the temperature down to 60 degrees, then take a gravity reading. See what you get.[/quote]

Just like he said have to get the CO2 out of it and get it UP to 60 then you could do it.

Or use a refractometer and you don’t have to degas or warm, just put a drop on the window. You do have to use a formula to account for the alcohol in solution, though.