A bit of history.
I bought the 1 gallon kit from NB and followed the instructions to a T. The issue I had was the cooling as I did not have a thermometer. (Wasn’t sure I needed one.)
Soaked the kettle in an ice bath for approx 25 minutes. I swirled the kettle some to spread the cooling and made sure I had constant water in my sink.
I just pitched the dry yeast (had no idea about rehydrating but the instructions didn’t say to so I didn’t bother.)
This is what my carboy looks like after roughly three days.
I know there is no airlock but the instructions said do either method and I read quite a few horror stories about the airlock blowing off so I went with this method instead. The tube is in the cup of water which is now brown and has a chunk of something in the bottom.
I searched everywhere about the level of liquid but i found nothing about 1 gallons. The instructions did not say to add water to bring it to a gallon so…
Now I am a bit worried that I failed on this batch.
Thanks! and :cheers: