Fermentation???

Hello I have a ? about keeping track of how many days your beer been fermenting . Like for example let say I picth yeast on a monday at 3:00pm is it at that time I start day 1. Or do i wait on till I see signs of active fermentation an then keep track of the days.

I call the day I pitch the yeast “Day 0”. I’ll have a daily note on the progress of the lag time and fermentation until the fermentation slows, and basically becomes routine.

I’d agree with flars, but I hope you aren’t simply counting days to determine when your beer is ready. The time it takes for fermentation to be complete depends on a lot of factors that can vary even from batch to batch of the same recipe from the same brewer.

Most of us are limited by time and motivation or just how serious they are about brewing. For me, it’s a nice hobby that produces (almost always) tasty beers.
Being a simple extract and grains brewer, I know about how much alcohol my beer will produce when fully fermented. I do take good notes but I just let most of my beers ferment 3 weeks and bottle them. It works very good for me! Down the road I may get more technical and no doubt will learn how to make even better beer.

You seem to ask similar questions in almost every thread you make but never respond after you’ve asked the question.

Wondering if this is one of them smart bots…

[quote=“Templar”]You seem to ask similar questions in almost every thread you make but never respond after you’ve asked the question.

Wondering if this is one of them smart bots…[/quote]
Doesn’t appear to be by his IPs.