Fermentation problem

I recently brewed a ale that was nothing out of the ordinary, I used two row base a little munich some crystal 60 and some flaked oats. I pithed some Wyeast Belgian Wheat 3942 original gravity 1.052 that was on 4/17/13 today 5/6/13 still only 1.030 the yeast pack did its thing and swelled up I only have 4 gal. of wart I’m I missing something here?

I forgot to mention fermentation temp. was at 67 degrees F.

First question, are you using a hydrometer or a refractometer?

Using both and came up with about the same thing.

So you are using a calculator to adjust the readings from the refractometer since it is not correct once alcohol is present?

[quote=“560sdl”][quote=“ccw1969”]Using both and came up with about the same thing.[/quote]So you are using a calculator to adjust the readings from the refractometer since it is not correct once alcohol is present?[/quote]If he’s getting the same value without using the correction formula, only thing I can think of is that he pitched dead yeast and there’s been zero fermentation.

It is possible that he is getting the same thing with correct refr. readings, but we don’t yet know that.

Just wanted to give an update I have been letting thing sit apparently fermentation is still taking place, my air lock is bubbling once every 45 seconds or so. I think it just needs more time, it is just odd that 100 billion cells in four gal. would take so long.