Ferment temp increase

I know an ale yeast fermenting at ambient of 70 (1 burp per second) will actually be 6-8 degrees warmer. How much of an increase will a lager yeast fermenting at an ambient of 50 (a burp every 5 seconds) cause?

Pulling a thought out of my back pocket… about the same.

It seemed to me that the slower speed of a lager ferment would produce less heat, but hey, I’ve been wrong before.

It seemed to me that the slower speed of a lager ferment would produce less heat, but hey, I’ve been wrong before.[/quote]

I ferment a New Belgium 1554 clone using a lager yeast at ale temps. I doubt that it works slower that an ale yeast would at the some temp. :wink:

It seemed to me that the slower speed of a lager ferment would produce less heat, but hey, I’ve been wrong before.[/quote]

My experience is that you’re correct.

[quote=“Rookie L A”]

My experience is that you’re correct.[/quote]

Good to hear. I brewed my house beer (lemon-rosemary blonde) as a lager using Best pilsner malt instead of G W 2-row and 34/70 yeast. It’s in my cooler set at 50 so at a burp every 5 seconds the brew itself is probably the low-med 50s. (?)