Ferm. question on a batch of Brickwarmer I screwed up

Brewed my 4th batch of beer yesterday afternoon (Brickwarmer Holiday Red Ale) and everything was smooth sailing until I realized that I had incorrectly purchased a second 5 gallon carboy (secondary) instead of a second 6 gallon (primary) carboy.

Anyway, the store was about to close and I couldn’t leave the batch on the stove so I called the brewer hotline. I ended up pouring 4 gallons into the 5 gallon carboy and a little under one gallon into a one gallon carboy with similar distributions of the liquid yeast. I also had some ferm drops so added these to both carboys. Both are fermenting nicely.

MY QUESTION IS: SHOULD I JUST LEAVE BOTH IN PRIMARY FERM FOR TWO WEEKS OR SHOULD I RACK TO ANOTHER 5 GALLON?? I plan on kegging 3 gallons and bottling the rest. HELP!!

I would leave both in Primary for at least three weeks and finally mix when kegging. It will be fine.

One thing, I would have added more yeast to the 4 gals and less to the 1 gal.

[quote=“My1stPony”]Brewed my 4th batch of beer yesterday afternoon (Brickwarmer Holiday Red Ale) and everything was smooth sailing until I realized that I had incorrectly purchased a second 5 gallon carboy (secondary) instead of a second 6 gallon (primary) carboy.

Anyway, the store was about to close and I couldn’t leave the batch on the stove so I called the brewer hotline. I ended up pouring 4 gallons into the 5 gallon carboy and a little under one gallon into a one gallon carboy with similar distributions of the liquid yeast. I also had some ferm drops so added these to both carboys. Both are fermenting nicely.

MY QUESTION IS: SHOULD I JUST LEAVE BOTH IN PRIMARY FERM FOR TWO WEEKS OR SHOULD I RACK TO ANOTHER 5 GALLON?? I plan on kegging 3 gallons and bottling the rest. HELP!![/quote]

1st, why are you yelling at us?

2nd, transferring to secondary is an on going debate. You need to decide if it’s right for you or not.