Favorite Saison Recipes/Yeast

I’m looking at doing a session-ish strength saison coming up (3 gallon BIAB batch) and was wondering if anyone had any particular favorite saison recipes for the summer weather. Also, what yeasts have you had greatest success with?

Wyeast 3711 is fantastic, but will finish very, very dry (like a good saison should, IMO). If you don’t want it to finish with a very low gravity Danstar makes a great dry yeast called Belle Saison. It will finish dry, but not as low as 3711. Both are great yeast strains. I personally prefer to start fermentation around 68-70F and let it rise up into the upper 70’s after a day or two. I have a rye saison recipe I’ll post shortly.

I forgot to mention in my original post: In regards to yeast choice, does anyone have any thoughts to share with using Brett/Saison blends (temp, length of fermenation, etc.?). I’m mainly deciding between Wy 3711 as a traditional Saison yeast and Yeast Bay’s Saison/Brett blend (linked below) for a little bit of Brett funk. It’ll be fermenting in pretty warm weather as my swamp cooler system will only be able to do so much in the warmer weather.

http://www.theyeastbay.com/wild-yeast-a ... yces-blend

I forgot to mention in my original post: In regards to yeast choice, does anyone have any thoughts to share with using Brett/Saison blends (temp, length of fermenation, etc.?). I’m mainly deciding between Wy 3711 as a traditional Saison yeast and Yeast Bay’s Saison/Brett blend (linked below) for a little bit of Brett funk. It’ll be fermenting in pretty warm weather as my swamp cooler system will only be able to do so much in the warmer weather.

http://www.theyeastbay.com/wild-yeast-a ... yces-blend

Check out the thread about Saison Dupont on the All Grain heading. There is a discussion on Saison that is pretty thorough.

Thanks a lot. Found all my answers in that thread.

I think all saisons should be try and in my opinion I also like them either bitter, funky, or slightly sour… but never all 3!