Falconer's Flight

I’m thinking of making an IPA using Falconer’s Flight. Is there a big difference between FF and FF C7? I posted this question in the HOPS section also.

Yes, big difference - both are excellent hops, but not similar. 7C’s is very citrusy (all the “C” hops - cascade, centennial, etc.) I make an all 7C’s pale ale that is really good and kind of "sierra nevada-like).

Falconers flight (to me) is also citrusy, but is sort of sweeter, fuller flavor - if that makes any sense. I use it a lot in big american amber ales. I think it would be quite good in an IPA too though.

[quote=“Braufessor”]Yes, big difference - both are excellent hops, but not similar. 7C’s is very citrusy (all the “C” hops - cascade, centennial, etc.) I make an all 7C’s pale ale that is really good and kind of "sierra nevada-like).

Falconers flight (to me) is also citrusy, but is sort of sweeter, fuller flavor - if that makes any sense. I use it a lot in big american amber ales. I think it would be quite good in an IPA too though.[/quote]

They are a huge difference. 7c has an english meets citrus hop flavor with some spicyness to me. It has an earthiness to it. Makes a great american bitter.

falconers flight is more grapefruit piney to me.

The Flights’s did make a nice IPA, they are much more tame and smooth than the 7C’s in my opinion.

I had a 7% wheat beer hopped with Falconer’s flight that was very tame and good.