EZ Brew 1.95 Is Now Available

[attachment=0]EZ Brew 1.95.zip[/attachment]

EZ Brew 1.95 is now available and includes corrections to the formulas in the Pre-boil Liquid Volume, L66 and Total Water Needed, D67 cells to provide more accurate water amounts.
Thank you, BraceH for noticing the incorrect formulas.
Also included are 37 new yeast / sour strains from East Coast Yeast and The Yeast Bay

Version 1.95 is here.

It is an Excel spreadsheet that you can use to create beer recipes. The spreadsheet is an upgraded version of the spreadsheet MullerBrau uses.

The main difference between the original spreadsheet is the addition of EZ Water 3.0 to the mix. I have built EZ Water 3.0 right into the brewing spreadsheet to assist in water calculations and save you time while doing it. The spreadsheet also has updated lists of Malts, Sugars, Hops, & Yeast, including descriptions of each item.

Just enter your recipe information into the highlighted cells and the spreadsheet does the rest.

Hope you enjoy.

EZ Brew 1.95
Added Danstar Abbaye Yeast to yeast strains sheet and drop down list.
Added 14 yeast / sour strains from The Yeast Bay to yeast strains sheet and drop down list.
Added 23 yeast / sour strains from East Coast Yeast to yeast strains sheet and drop down list.
Added El Dorado to the hops sheet and drop down list.
Corrected the formula in cell L66, Pre-boil Liquid Volume.

New formula =IF(I29=1,0,ROUND((D9+L11+L14)/(1-D12/100)/(1-D11/100D10/60),2))
    Previous formula =IF(I29=1,0,ROUND((D9+L11+L14)
    (1+D12/100)(1+D11/100D10/60),1))
Corrected the formula in cell D67, Total Water Volume.
    New formula =IF(I29=1,0,ROUND((D9+L11+L14)/(1-D12/100)/(1-D11/100D10/60)+L12+L13+L62,2))
    Previous formula =IF(I29=1,0,ROUND((D9+L11+L14)
    (1+D12/100)(1+D11/100D10/60)+L12+L13+L62,2))
Corrected the formula in cell D79, Campden Tablets Strike Water Quantity to account for % distilled water used.
    New formula =ROUND(((1/60D65)(1-‘EZ Water 3.0’!D9)),2)
    Previous formula =ROUND(1/60D65,2)

Corrected the formula in cell E79, Campden Tablets Strike Water Quantity to account for % distilled water used.
    New formula =ROUND(((1/15D6^)(1-‘EZ Water 3.0’!E9)),2)
    Previous formula =ROUND(1/15
    D66,2)

Deleted Hop Inventory tab.
Deleted Grain Inventory tab.

Please let me know if you find anything wrong with the spreadsheet so I can update it.
Thank you,
Gregscsu

[attachment=2]EZ Brew 1.6.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]EZ Brew 1.6 - EZ Water 3.0 Tab.JPG[/attachment]

Greg … that is absolutely awesome! I really like the fact that all hops, yeast and malts are in there as well as the descriptions. Really nice work. My buddy Dave Wilt will be surprised to see it now. Thanks for all your efforts and for making it available to us here. Great job! :cheers:

Wow. Just another example of how generous homebrewers are.

EZ Brew 1.1 is now available. I corrected some formatting and spelling errors. Added a Hop Addition Notes: cell for comments about FWH and Dry hopping. Created numerical values for all yeast attenuations.

EZ Brew 1.3 is now available. Fixed, grammatical, punctuation, spelling, and formatting errors. Corrected hop utilization formula to allow for FWH “First Wort Hops” and DRY “Dry Hops”

This looks AMAZING!! I’m currently jumping around between a few different programs to get my brews planned. I’ll give this a shot.

Well, I downloaded it and fired it up, entering details for a batch I’m brewing on Sunday. The problem I’m having is that none of the calculation cells seem to be active. I guess I’m stuck.

The message that I get when I click on such a cell is that it’s protected, and read-only. I could unprotect the cells if I had a password. I’m not using my home computer, so maybe it will work better once I try it on that machine. Anybody else try it out yet?

[quote=“El Capitan”]Well, I downloaded it and fired it up, entering details for a batch I’m brewing on Sunday. The problem I’m having is that none of the calculation cells seem to be active. I guess I’m stuck.

The message that I get when I click on such a cell is that it’s protected, and read-only. I could unprotect the cells if I had a password. I’m not using my home computer, so maybe it will work better once I try it on that machine. Anybody else try it out yet?[/quote]

I have the same issue, had to un-protect the sheet, see the “release notes” tab. On the right are the passwords. You could go through each cell in Format, go to the Protection tab and un-protect them there then go back to protect the sheet so you don’t over-wright a formula.

tom

This is really impressive. Thank you for your work and generosity.

I didnt have a problem. Just hit enable editting, and it fired up. Thanks for posting this!

[quote=“millstone”][quote=“El Capitan”]Well, I downloaded it and fired it up, entering details for a batch I’m brewing on Sunday. The problem I’m having is that none of the calculation cells seem to be active. I guess I’m stuck.

The message that I get when I click on such a cell is that it’s protected, and read-only. I could unprotect the cells if I had a password. I’m not using my home computer, so maybe it will work better once I try it on that machine. Anybody else try it out yet?[/quote]

I have the same issue, had to un-protect the sheet, see the “release notes” tab. On the right are the passwords. You could go through each cell in Format, go to the Protection tab and un-protect them there then go back to protect the sheet so you don’t over-wright a formula.

tom[/quote]

I have been unable to replicate this issue on 5 different PCs runnig 3 different versions of excel. Which means if you have this issue, you need to unprotect the sheets using the passwords on the release notes, then change the protection formatting in the effected cells, and reprotect. Sorry for the inconveinence this may cause to some users.

Edit: EZ Brew 1.4 is now available.

Added Lactic Acid cell to Water Profile section of the Calculation Sheet. Added WY1338 Wyeast European Ale to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WY2352PC Wyeast Munich Lager II to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added Briess Midnight Wheat 550°L to ingredients sheet and drop down list. Added Pre-boil Wort Gravity cell to the Mash Parameters section of the Calculation Sheet.

EZ Brew 1.5 is now available.

Updates Include:

Added WLP072 White Labs French Ale to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP085 White Labs English Ale Blend to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP295 White Labs Pacific Coast Lager to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP299 White Labs Persica Ale to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP560 White Labs Classic Saison to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP585 White Labs Belgian Saison III to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP644 White Labs Brettanomyces Bruxellensis Trois to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP665 White Labs Flemish Ale Blend to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added WLP860 White Labs Munich Helles to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added Falconer's Flight hop blend to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Falconer's Flight Seven Seas hop blend to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Herkules to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Merkur to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Pilgram to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Smaragd to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Surly Furious dry hop blend to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Styrian Bobek to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Zythos hop blend to the hops sheet and drop down list.

EZ Brew 1.6 is now available.

Updates Include:
Version 1.6

Added Junga to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Lomic to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Sybilla to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Campden cell to Water Profile section of the Calculation Sheet. Added Local Water Profile section to Calculation sheet. Updated formating and print margins on Calculation sheet

I’ve only been playing around with this for a little bit.
But I want you to know this is really awesome. Thank you so much for sharing all of your hard work.

Thanks for sharing. Looks very straight forward to use.

EZ Brew 1.7 is now available.

Updates include:
Version 1.7

Added Belma to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Mosaic to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Styrian Aurora to the hops sheet and drop down list. Added Red Star Cote Des Blancs to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added Mott's Original Natural 100% Apple Juice - 4°L to ingredients sheet and drop down list. Added Danstar Belle Saison Yeast to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added Danstar BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added Danstar CBC-1 Cask and Bottle Conditioned Beer Yeast to yeast strains sheet and drop down list. Added -----Spices----- to the Hops drop down list Added Cacao Nibs, Ghana to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Cacao Nibs, Papua New Guinea to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Cardamom Seed to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Cinnamon, Pieces to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Cinnamon, Sticks to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Coriander Seed to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Elderberries, Dried to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Elderflowers, Dried to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Ginger, Crystallized to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Ginger, Fresh to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Heather Tips to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Juniper Berries to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Lavender to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Lemon Peel, Fresh to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Licorice Root to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Licorice Stick to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Mugwort, Dried to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Mulling Spices to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Orange Peel, Bitter to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Orange Peel, Fresh to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Orange Peel, Sweet to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Paradise Seed to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Rose Hips to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Sarsaparilla to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Spearmint to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Spruce Tips to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Star Anise to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Vanilla Bean, Bourbon to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Vanilla Bean, Indian to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Vanilla Bean, Indonesian to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Vanilla Bean, Madagascar to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Added Vanilla Bean, Mexican to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Vanilla Bean, Papua New Guinea to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Vanilla Bean, Tonga to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Wintergreen Leaves to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Woodruff, Dried to Hops sheet and drop down list. Added Wormwood, Dried to Hops sheet and drop down list.

Hi,

First off, your excel-sheet software is awesome.
I have been brewing for about 2 years and the first few times I used to use various online calculators to figure out IBU, how much sugar to put into a DIPA batch to get the OG to a certain level and basically went by guess-work when adjusting the grain bill to get a certain OG. Once I got the process nailed down and started getting some consistent results I started trying to modify my recipies (which I mostly got from a swedish home brew champion who I brewed with a couple of times).

Modifying recipes was very cumbersome to hit a target OG, SRM, IBU etc. Then I found your software. Great work!

Now the biggest problem when brewing is converting all the imperial measurements to metric, since my scale, measuring equipment and everything is all in metric.
Are you planning on adjusting your brew-sheet to metric?

Maybe you could just add a column to the right of everything where you’d get the metric amounts of grain and hops in grams instead of lbs and ounces?
I could of-course do this myself but since the sheet is all locked I don’t really know how to do it.

Would be even more awesome for us! =)

Thanks!

EZ Brew 1.8 Is Now Available

Updates Include:

Added -----Dry Malt Extracts----- to the Ingredients drop down list Added Briess - CBW® Pilsen Light DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Briess - CBW® Golden Light DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Briess - CBW® Bavarian Wheat DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Briess - CBW® Sparkling Amber DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Briess - CBW® Traditional Dark DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Briess - Maltoferm® A-6000 Black Malt DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Briess - Organic Maltoferm® 10000 Light Malt DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Muntons - Plain Extra Light DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Muntons - Plain Light DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Muntons - Plain Wheat DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Muntons - Plain Amber DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Muntons - Plain Dark DME to the Ingredients drop down list Added Muntons - Plain Extra Dark DME to the Ingredients drop down list

[quote=“roosm”]Hi,

First off, your excel-sheet software is awesome.
I have been brewing for about 2 years and the first few times I used to use various online calculators to figure out IBU, how much sugar to put into a DIPA batch to get the OG to a certain level and basically went by guess-work when adjusting the grain bill to get a certain OG. Once I got the process nailed down and started getting some consistent results I started trying to modify my recipies (which I mostly got from a swedish home brew champion who I brewed with a couple of times).

Modifying recipes was very cumbersome to hit a target OG, SRM, IBU etc. Then I found your software. Great work!

Now the biggest problem when brewing is converting all the imperial measurements to metric, since my scale, measuring equipment and everything is all in metric.
Are you planning on adjusting your brew-sheet to metric?

Maybe you could just add a column to the right of everything where you’d get the metric amounts of grain and hops in grams instead of lbs and ounces?
I could of-course do this myself but since the sheet is all locked I don’t really know how to do it.

Would be even more awesome for us! =)

Thanks![/quote]
I do not have any plans to convert the spreadsheet to metric at this time. It would require a substantial amount of modifications to all of the formulas. However if you wish to do so the passwords to unprotect the spreadsheet are list ont he “Release Notes” tab.
[attachment=0]$5E3949D3E10ADE1C.jpg[/attachment]