Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Equipment Recommendations

With my birthday approaching, the wife is asking what I want. For me the next logical gift would be a grain crusher.
I see various options for sale at NB, but i’m curious if I need to go all out for the Monster Mill.

Are there any recommendations for a mill in the $100-$150 range that you guys think would last for a while?
Preferably something with adjustable gap size.

As always → :cheers:

http://schmidling.com/orderpp.htm

Looking at the 3 varieties on this page, I understand one is a preset .045 gap. However the other two options mention adjustable one end or both ends.
What would be the difference?

I bought the 7# Barley Crusher, I like it and have no complaints. Had it for 1-1/2 to2 years.

I’ve been using the JSP one end adjustable for nearly 15 years and thousands of lb. of grain. Still works great and if I was going to buy another mill, it would be another one of these.

Thanks, guys.

Denny, you mention you’ve got the one end adjustable. Does that refer to only being able to move one roller?

I also have the barley crusher too and am very happy with it.

The JSP mill with gear drive was my first mill I should have never sold it I was not happy with the Monster Mill.

Yes only one end moves that’s all you need.

I have the 15 pound version of the barley crusher - I have been very pleased with it. I use a plug in drill to drive it, and it has served me well for several years.

+1

I’ve only had it for about 6 months, but am very happy with it.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com