Election day brewing

I was gonna say… That’s only a pumpkin a mama can love… I’m gonna waffle… A bit… I’ll get more apple juice and do a ferment in mine… I’ll get a picture tomorrow…
Sneezles61

Yes my wife came home and said that’s a pitiful looking pumpkin. Worts and all volume 6

Some experiments from election day. Be awhile for the “Bock to Normal” only fitting I suppose

Whoa… Balloon throw back from the past!
My experiment was thwarted for a few days… :beers:
Sneezles61

Was set to mess around with my pumpkin and apple juice… Picked up the pumpkin and my fingers went right into my pumpkin… :confused:
Sneezles61

Does it look darker than above

Hopefully it didn’t get oxidatioin I did rack it before it finished and I had added brown sugar. I’ll taste it

Tastes alright still yeasty. I added more nutmeg because I only added a little before.

1 Like

It is… Perhaps the pumpkin reflected the light to make it… lighter?
Well since I don’t have a pumpkin… Maybe use a squash?
Sneezles61

Definitely darker, you should have used your magic wand to transfer out of your Harry Potter pumpkin. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Good idea its tricky transferring beer from a pumpkin shell

It’s still fermenting tastes a bit alcoholic. Going be interesting anyway. Can anything really be called a waste of time during a pandemic with nowhere to go.

1 Like

The main event on election day the Bock to Normal is taking a D rest while I crash the Bass Ale

1 Like

Update on the pumpkin ale that I fermented in the shell. It’s bottle conditioning for 10 days so I gave it a try today. No oxidatioin,nice spice aroma. Not nutmegy. Needs more carbonation so I’ll let it go longer

7.5% I think I can work with this. I think it can be a nice holiday ale. Next year I’ll make 5 gallons and maybe use my home grown hops. I’ll need a bigger pumpkin or use 2 and blend

1 Like

Bock to Normal has been lagering going to put it on gas and maybe tap 1/20

Well, I’ll need to alert myself next year with the pumpkin business… My pumpkin…“wet” the chair… badly too…
My bock is about fried… No will on my part… :disappointed:
Sneezles61

Update on my other election day brew the Bock to Normal. OG .070 . A month later December 5 it was at .020 now 6+ weeks it’s at .014 I’m going to call it done and move it to the cold. Taking it’s sweet old time.