Election day brewing

Well next Tuesday is on my schedule to brew and low and behold it’s election day here in the USA. So I have stuff measured out but none of them a dark enough for the mood. I have ingredients for a porter or stoup so that’s my direction. Maybe a Dark Days Ahead Porter if my mood changes after the election I’ll rack onto some homegrown raspberries and call it a Give Them A Raspberry Porter. Anyone else doing anything special ? And don’t forget to vote, I don’t care who just vote

1 Like

Actually I do care but vote anyway

2 Likes

Thats true. If you dont vote. You do loose your right. To complain. About who became the next. President. Curius. Is donald will. Loose. He will leave the white house. Or they have to kick him out. But scary part i think. He will. Be the next president. Again

I just saw a meme on FB that said “We live in a world where people think science is fake but pro wrestling is real”. That about sums it up.

5 Likes

Bock goes into the keg Sunday… I should brew Tuesday… Keep the yeast cake going… Miabock style? … Could call it… Mind block?
My vote is in…
Sneezles61

I’m thinking of throwing some Mexican chocolate I have kicking around in it I’ll taste it first. After the sugars ferment put I’m wondering if there will be some bitterness left or what flavor. I’m no necessarily looking for chocolate flavor just something to compliment the raspberry if I add it depending on the election outcome. If it comes out crappy I’ll just call it 2020 Porter and force myself to drink it

2 Likes

Low attenuating yeast?
Sneezles61

I’ll be at work, so no brewing for me, but definitely voting in person in the most important election of my lifetime.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

I have my red ale co2ing now. 3-4 days to go before trying.

Well change of plans. I’m still brewing election day but a Porter is to dark. I’m trying to shake off my anxiety. I’ll brew my ‘Bock to Normal’ a light (helles) Bock. It’s one of my favorites

2 Likes

Revisit Zwieckel brew… Ale yeast… Had a notion to re-use lager yeast from the bock… But it isn’t very clear…
Sneezles61

Voted this morning watching my boil kettle now. Soon it will be " Bock to Normal"

2 Likes

Hopefully my sanitation is good and it doesn’t sour🤔

pH correction was a bit of a struggle… Got it… Mashing a small brew
Sneezles61

1 Like

Ok the Bock is tucked away. Now a break and then the ferment in the pumpkin ale

1 Like

I’m aiming for a bit more volume… After primary, I’ll keg 5… And then I can put the rest in a pumpkin… One of the neighbors with kids had a few uncarved pumpkins…
Just drill a hole and put the rest into the guts and all?
Sneezles61

I’m at 1.022… Tomorrow I’ll unplug the freez-mentor… It can come up to room temp… Keg mid next week…
I’ll drill a hole in a pumpkin and put the remainder of the brew in it… Plug it and wait a few weeks… I’ll be curious what happens…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Are you scooping out your pumpkin? I have to go get a pumpkin tomorrow and transfer mine. What I did was save some runnings and started fermenation . Going to add brown sugar and roasted pumpkin seeds and secondary in the pumpkin shell.

1 Like

Well my beer is going in there. No airlock, just wait for the krausen to drop then rack to a jug to finish. Crazy times

3 Likes

By the way the elderly lady at the fa stand told me that’s a Harry Potter pumpkin.