Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Early Plants

I thought that I was pre ordering my hop plants for the spring but got an email today that says they will be delivered in a couple of days. Its the middle of December here in Michigan!!!

Really wondering what I need to do to keep the plants dormant for the rest of the winter if possible. Willing to buy whatever it takes to keep these babies in tiptop shape for the spring. I can’t keep them by the windows inside because I have a toddler. I have a 3 season room thought that is all windows and gets sun most of the day.

by the way. These are actually plants and not rhizomes.

If you bought them from Great Lakes Hops, they have a brief explanation of how to keep them over the winter. If you got them from somewhere else, refer to the GLH website as mentioned. Basically you want to keep just enough moisture to keep the soil from becoming bone dry (being that they’re not actively growing they just need enough to keep from desiccating). Also want to keep them at about 40F or lower. Good luck!

Found it. Towards the bottom of the page: http://www.greatlakeshops.com/faq.html

I did get them from GLH. Thanks for the info. It was very helpful

I really appreciate that you took all this time to try and help us. Keep up the good work. Post very nicely written and it contains useful facts.

:lol: I agree. B-Hoppy always has very nicely written posts which contain many useful facts.

I think that if you keep them in the fridge they will be OK. Don’t freeze them but if you keep them good and cold I think it will be fine.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com