Early Morning Brew Session...done by 7:00!

I had planned to brew today…but when I awoke at 3:30 am…and couldn’t go back to sleep, I decided there was no point in laying in bed tossing and turning any longer! So…there I was at 4 am…starting my water to boiling and steeping grains! Brew was complete and mess cleaned up before 7 am!

I brewed a clone of Bell’s Oberon beer…for those not familiar, Bell’s is a brewery in Michigan and Oberon is arguably their “signature” beer…very popular in this region…it’s seasonal and folks get excited when it comes out in mid spring…I brewed from an extract receipe I found online…here it is…and if you’re the creator…thanks!

Steep:

12 oz Munich & 8 oz Belgian Caravienne at 150° for 30 mins
remove grains and add 2½ lbs light DME & 3½ lbs wheat DME.
Bring to a boil and add:
1 oz Hersbrucker 3.3% for 60
½ oz Hersbrucker 3.3% for 30
½ oz Saaz 3.5% for 15
1/3 oz Saaz 3.5% for 7 minutes

Wyeast 1010 American Wheat yeast

OG: 1.057, FG: 1.014, IBU: 24, SRM: 7, ABV: 5.5%

You can call it “Crack of Dawn 'Ron”.

I’ve done that a time or two, sometimes I’ll brew and sometimes I just get up and check a fermentor or something and then surf the web.

Can’t say how many times I’ve stumbled down the stairs to check on a fermentor, eyes half open, just to see if it’s bubbling (I know it’s not a completely accurate sign of fermentation) … I also know, I’m not the only one. 20 batches or so in and I still like to “check on it”, and i use buckets. It’s a sickness.

I hear you on checking for bubbles!! I stumble to the basement before my shower in the morning, and I check 'em before feeding the pets when I get home from work…and sometimes before bed!!

The wife calls it checking on my lil’ guys!

[quote=“dsidab81”]The wife calls it checking on my lil’ guys![/quote]When I am leaving for work, my wife says “Don’t forget to check on the babies”. I know exactly what she is talking about.