Dry hopping in keg question?

Hello what is the best way to do keg hopping? Bag an tie them an just throw them in the keg and leave them until the keg kick. Or Bag them an tie them under the keg lit an suspended in the keg for 5 to 7days an pull the hops out. ?

I just bag them and leave it till the keg is empty. I also leave the keg at room temp for 5 days or so after hopping before chilling it and carbing.

3 Likes

I put them in a bag along with a stainless steel weight and suspend it from a stainless steel hose clamp placed around the PRV housing in the lid. It makes it very easy to remove when the time comes, saves fishing around for it. Also, DH at room temp as tominboston already mentioned.

2 Likes

I’m returning with the hop juice theory too… After the keg kicks, theres still some brew that’ll drain out of those hops… delicious! Sneezles61

1 Like

Keg tenderloins? :yum:

2 Likes

Keg, burnt ends!

1 Like

I use spice balls, not to be confused with Space Balls. They are like big tea balls. Search Amazon for spice ball, get the better ones as the rivet on the cheap ones has rotted off on a couple of mine. I just used SS wire instead.

I bag and anchor them with a shot glass while using floss to suspend them. Let them go until the keg blows but I’ve never thought about sipping the burnt ends, that sound delicious!

How many assholes do we have on this ship anyway!? I knew it! I’m surrounded by Assholes! Back on topic, I bag mine and just toss it in. I don’t bother weighting them. They stay in until the keg kicks, then I tip the keg over and the bag slides down within arms reach. @sneezles I should totally try and sample some of the goodness that squeezes out of the bag! Every. . .last. . .drop is worth saving! :blush:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like