Dry hopping at room temp v. cold conditioning

Does the temp of the beer during dry hopping affect the amount of time it takes for the hops to give the desired aroma to the beer? I’ve always dry hopped in the secondary, but that it when I bottle conditioned. I’m brewing Denny’s RyePA and would like to dry hop in the keg. My plan was to transfer to the keg, add hops, and immediately start conditioning/carbonating. Is this going to affect the dry hopping process because it will be cold?

Yes, it will take a lot more time to dryhop at serving compared to room temp. What works for me is to transfer to the keg and dryhop at 68F for 7-10 days, then chill and carbonate, leaving the hops in the keg, and it’s ready to go two weeks after racking.

[quote=“Shadetree”]What works for me is to transfer to the keg and dryhop at 68F for 7-10 days, then chill and carbonate, leaving the hops in the keg, and it’s ready to go two weeks after racking.[/quote]I do it similar to this, however I force carb the beer while it’s dry hopping. I can’t say that I’ve noticed any difference but then it’s been a long time since I’ve dry hopped in a secondary.