Drip trays necessary or not?

I’m mid keggerator build (dual 3 tap towers) and I’m debating if putting in drip trays is necessary or not. I have perlick forward seal faucets. Could someone with experience chime in?

Thanks a bunch, :cheers:

My drip tray is a brown spot on the floor of my garage. :smiley:

Mine was too when I was using an upright fridge with taps through the door. Now I am using a keezer and for a long time had a literal tray under the tap tower. When I was cleaning out my basement I found an air vent cover left from when the house was built. I added that and now I am fancy.

I find mine useful. Often a pint will foam over, or the tap will drip a little. Or… someone with less experience with pouring beer will really get a spill.

Mine was too when I was using an upright fridge with taps through the door. Now I am using a keezer and for a long time had a literal tray under the tap tower. When I was cleaning out my basement I found an air vent cover left from when the house was built. I added that and now I am fancy.[/quote]
You probably have a handle bar mustache too Nano. :lol:

I was all for the drip tray idea when building my keezer but a buddy of mine decided to get a custom vinyl decal made with my homebrewery logo as a token of appreciation for the many beers he has consumed of mine. I had already purchased the tray of my liking but decided against using it as it would deter from the logo’s appearance. I now throw a towel down on the floor instead :wink: It’s up to you whether you add 1 or not. I’ve seen some very nice setups with and without driptrays.

:cheers:

You are going to get drips/spilled beer under your faucets, and you should be prepared for that. That doesn’t mean you need to shell out the bucks for a fancy stainless steel drip tray, but you should have something there if you want to protect the surface below.

Being that you are in the building stage I would say yes you will want one.

+1

My idea was to get a bar mat from one of my favorite breweries and lay it on the floor under the faucets, and it works ok keeping beer off the carpet. But the drips that make it down there tend to splash onto the bottom few inches of my beer machine, so I wish I would have gotten one.

Same opinion as others, you’ll probably want one. I’ve got the same faucets and while there are very few drips when I’m pouring there is the occasional foam over and plenty of drips when other people use the taps.

I’ve had many occasions where people pull the glass away at the same time as shutting off the faucet and quite a bit of beer ends up in the drip tray.

I’m about to start working on my kegerator as well but probably won’t add a drip tray. The garage floor is kind of a mess anyway :slight_smile: I figure if it gets out of control I can throw some of my old work rags/towels down there.

Menards has a magnetic tray that costs ten dollars.

http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/tool ... c-9188.htm

Menards has a magnetic tray that costs ten dollars.

http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/tool ... c-9188.htm[/quote]

Brilliant! No holes to drill in your kegorator. Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like you might be able to cut off the screw driver racks if you wanted.