Drinking First Home Brew

…RIGHT NOW!!!

I’m enjoying my first home brew beer ever. I put one bottle of my NB Sierra Madre in the fridge last night so I could give it a try tonight. This was the 1 gallon extract kit and it turned out great…especially if I don’t get sick or anything!!

It was in primary for two weeks and bottle conditioned for two weeks and I’m not sure it could improve anymore. It’s very much like Sierra Nevada and I’m very happy with it.

I’ll put the rest in the fridge for the Super Bowl.

Congrats! What are you brewing next?

I have an Irish Red ready for bottling and three different cream ales about a week in primary…a one gallon, 2.5 gallon, and a 5 gallon. Two were partial mash.

I think my next might be my first all grain. I’ll probably try a SMaSH for starters. I want to build my own mash tun from a cooler.

You likely won’t regret building your own. Check out dennybrew.com and get to gittin’!

Thanks for that site recommendation. That’s what I’ve been looking for…a straight forward process to start with.

You may also want to check this site out for making a mash ton. I am trying to decide if it would be better to make one or just buy it all ready finished. Any thoughts?

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-e ... ion-23008/

Definately making my own! I have a chest cooler already that doesn’t see much use and making my own just seems right with small scale home brew.