Draft tap through sink

Has anyone tried putting a tap through the 3rd hole of a sink (like the whole used for filtered water)?

What hardware did you use?

Jon

I think it would be awesome. One problem is how to keep the beer line cold. A warm line could make for a glass of foam until you pour enough to get cold beer. The lines you see in bars usually have a chilled glycol line run with them to keep the beer lines cold.

If the kegorator or whatever your kegs are in was directly under the sink it would be easier to do. Some insulated PVC pipe and some kind of fan to circulate cold air from it could work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jazrxe4tBFo

This is pretty funny. A bunch of friends play a prank on a guy by running beer through all the plumbing in the house while he’s gone on vacation or something like that.

I know a guy that put a 3 tap tower of the 3rd hole in his sink and it works great. He also has a bar in his basement with taps. He has a full glycol setup for the lines. Than again he is in the HVAC industry so he did everything himself.

[quote=“HD4Mark”]I think it would be awesome. One problem is how to keep the beer line cold. A warm line could make for a glass of foam until you pour enough to get cold beer. The lines you see in bars usually have a chilled glycol line run with them to keep the beer lines cold.

If the kegorator or whatever your kegs are in was directly under the sink it would be easier to do. Some insulated PVC pipe and some kind of fan to circulate cold air from it could work.[/quote]

This is the big issue. I redid my kitchen in my prior house (892sqft rowhouse, so space was at a premium). I considered putting a keg fridge in the basement and running lines upstairs to the kitchen, but the line coolant was something I wasn’t willing to spring for.

As Mark says, if you can get/build a cooling chamber directly underneath your sink/countertop (essentially an insulated base cabinet with a cooling element), you could essentially have very little (if any) line to insulate. Take pics if you do it!