Double batch brew day

Not sure where this goes but I’ll put it here. Emptied two fermenters today since we dry hopped the primaries with cones. Since we have two empty primaries we’re going to try to double down tomorrow. Going to make our “Not ESB”'and a shot at a version of 51K. I think it’ll only add an hour or so to our brew session hopefully. :sunglasses: I have two burners- the Edelmetal and a turkey fryer. I use my 15.5 kettle with false bottom for my mash tun and have an 8.5!to boil in. Once we mash the first one we can boil on the edelmetal and move it to the turkey fryer in the 8.5. We can then mash the second in the 15.5 then boil on the edelmetal. What could happen? Hah!

2 Likes

I think my starter is ready. :heart_eyes: Going to split it between the two.

1 Like

Things went well. 6 1/2 hrs breaking out the brew stuff to cleaned and put away. One of the beers had a 90 minute mash and 90 minute boil. Used the turkey burner for the first boil in the 8 1/2 kettle and the Edelmetal and 15 1/2 for the second. The boils finished far enough apart to be manageable. All 10 gallons are blurbeling (technical term) happily away in the Mancave. :grin: I’ll do it again for sure.

2 Likes

That time frame is the problem with kitchen brewing. There’s no way I could get 10 gallons in the fermentors in that amount of time. So far it’s just a day dream.

2 Likes

Same here. Seemingly hours are spent hauling all my equipment out from 2 guest bedrooms and a guest bath. (NO basements in this part of Florida.) And the garage is not an option as I’ve said before, “slightly hotter than the 2nd circle of Hell”. So all grain kitchen brewing it is…

1 Like

Yeah, if I tied up the kitchen that long it would not go well. We brew on our screened in porch. Not sure could pull it off in the winter.

you can pull it off in winter, but if you use an IC that is powered by a garden hose, make sure your hose isn’t full of frozen H2O before you get started. Please don’t ask why I know this:grin: Haha!

Cheers,

Ron

3 Likes

Ditto :grinning:

2 Likes

I have no clue what you may be talking about! I may or may not have pulled the spare hose from the side of the house to hook up to the outflow on the CFC and needed to chop off all but about a 10’ section which is long enough to run to the drain when the outflow was mysteriously blocked by ice. :joy: One of these days I’m gonna try and knock out a double brewday but it would have to be a day SWMBO and kids are not home because I am stretching her patience at times with my 4 hour brewday as it is.

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes