Donate rhizomes to me... :)

I was wondering if anyone in the MN metro area has a nice large chinook and/or cascade and would like to donate me a chunk to start growing my own hops. Anyone?

rhizomes are so cheap…if you can afford to brew beer, you can afford to buy a rhizome or 10.

I believe you are truly stating what allot of people are thinking :slight_smile: It’s not that I cannot afford them.

I was more thinking if someone had a really big plant and wanted to thin it out a little before I go ordering some. Honestly with as cheap as they are why bother even growing them. :slight_smile:

I believe you are truly stating what allot of people are thinking :slight_smile: It’s not that I cannot afford them.

I was more thinking if someone had a really big plant and wanted to thin it out a little before I go ordering some. Honestly with as cheap as they are why bother even growing them. :slight_smile: [/quote]

For me personally, it wasn’t in attempt to make the hobby less expensive, it was a way to make the beer I brew more “mine”…if you will…and I also love to garden, so the combination of the two hobbies made sense to me.

I have a cascade that I will be thinning in late April. I don’t live in the Cities, but I get there biweekly and could bring one along if you dont find one anywhere else.

maybe next year after my chinook crowns have formed

:cheers:

I have a Centennial, two cascades, and a Sterling that will need to be pruned in the spring. I’d be happy to give you a couple of rhizomes from each once the ground thaws out. Send me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

Thanks for the offers…let me know one the spring if you end up pruning back.