Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Donald Sterling Banned for Life

Not sure how many of you guys follow basketball, but this guy has been the worst owner in NBA :roll: league history, and the racism is nothing new. Glad to hear about the lifetime ban. Good for Adam Silver.

Not that I think he is into brewing or anything, but it would be nice to ban him from this forum for life just becasue.

What a Douchebag!

[quote=“Brew Meister Smith”]Not sure how many of you guys follow basketball, but this guy has been the worst owner in NBA :roll: league history, and the racism is nothing new. Glad to hear about the lifetime ban. Good for Adam Silver.

Not that I think he is into brewing or anything, but it would be nice to ban him from this forum for life just becasue.

What a Douchebag![/quote]
+1!

I’m curious, does he own the stadium? If so, how do they ban him from his own stadium?

He does not own the Staples Centre - just a tennant.

If only it was that easy to ban Presidents/Senators/Congressmen/etc…

Or the pinheads behind Florida (and Georgia?) initiatives to curtail the rights of craft brewers!! Especially the BMC idiots behind this… :evil:

There’s a significant inconsistency here though. Prior to this happening the NAACP was going to honor Donald Sterling with a lifetime achievement award. Would you think that to get that you would have to have a significant background of benefiting people of color? If he was such a terrible owner and racism was widely known then how does the NAACP come to the decision to honor him like that?

Although I agree that his statements were racist, and were something I don’t condone, we are on a slippery slope. What’s to stop the NBA from banning anyone that takes a different view. Say for example an owner says that Scientology is the only true religion and that all others are damned to hell… is that person banned? Where does it stop?

Personally, and as I mentioned I don’t condone the behavior, people are free to have their own thoughts and beliefs. It should be up top us to determine what we feel and if we want to associate with people who don’t share our views.

He donated $$$ to the NAACP. Bought credibility. The same chapter had recently honored R Kelly and some other douche. That chapter of the NAACP has some poor leadership. Glad the NBA took some quick and decisive action against Sterling. I wonder what he’ll do with his money next?

I heard he bought the Clippers way back when for 12 million and the sale price is expected to be over a half billion. Sounds like its rewarding bad behavior. They should make him run his team now - then everyone boycott it until he has to sell it for peanuts.

I don’t really think this is anything but an isolated incident. The slippery slope argument can be made, but in reallity, everybody is in agreement here: owners/ league/ player association etc. That never happens.

There will be one or two owners who will vote against stripping him of his franchise to protect the “constitution” of the league. But if this did not happen, there would have been a revolution by the players of the league as a whole - not to mention every employee of the Clippers.

I just read on NBA.com this morning that the Warriors were planning a boycott of their game vs the Clippers had the league not taken the actions they did. And it would have grown from there.

wouldnt be surprised if it sold for way more. the bucks here in milwaukee just sold for 550$ million. Clippers have to worth more since they dont suck

Yup. Seems like there could be a bidding war for it. The league does have final say in approving a sale, and are likely to strip Sterling of his team and make the sale for him.

I am almost positive they are going to make sure it goes to a black owner. Or at least not to another rich white guy. Give him one more slap out the door.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com