Do you have a picture of your pour?

Sounds interesting…publish more about the recipe in the recipe category when you get a chance.

Love the pint glass.

There is a recipe and article in BYO magazine about a traditional Polish smoked wheat ale that looked interesting. I have some Polish Lublin hops left

I’ve read about those smoked Polish wheats. A style that nearly forgotten about

1 Like

I’m thinking of trying it small batch. Nervous about getting to much smoke.

There apparently is a hop grower in Poland that is trying to rejuvenate the special hop used in that beer. Can’t remember the name

Grodziskie oak smoked wheat beer.

1 Like

He’s trying to restore Tomyski hops, which is historically the hop used.

2 Likes

Here is the byo article and recipe https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geJaL5BhdcKE8AIFpx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMmllbWVyBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM2BHZ0aWQDTlNSUEMwXzEEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1545041785/RO=10/RU=https%3A%2F%2Fbyo.com%2Farticle%2Fpiwo-grodziskie%2F/RK=2/RS=O7y1cH83IryEnzJs.P1VzSacfWQ-

1 Like

Have you had it?

I was lucky enough that in the 90s there was three differnt versions of it light which was a 2.5% abv and another light that was 3.5% and a darker one around 5%.
From what i remember back then they were very similar to wiessbier with the smoke of the oak gave it a honey Vanilla taste that wasnt overwhelming. I think i still have the bottles in my collection

As in light you mean color? Because around 3% abv was the typical strength. Might make an interesting session beer.

Two of them were light and the darker one was higher abv.

Our host sells oak smoked malt.

My Knot Today version 4 and my first mead. The mead is dry and has an intriguing flavor that makes one want to have another sip. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Me gonna pick up some grains today. At the BREWERY Brew session tomorow. My own order of grains arived in miami. 50lbs. Pilsner 50 lbs 2 row. 50 lbs. Maris otter. Some starsan. And pdw cleaner. Should be here next year. Pfff. One of the downfall of living on a island

1 Like

I’d move right up next to Northern Brewer! They always have a sack handy! And as balmy as it has been lately… no need for a winter jacket! Sneezles61

1 Like

Got my self 30 lbs pilsner. 30 lbs Maris otter. Trade off. Fix a transferpump. I did. Even few bonaire blond beers. Friday after noon. Awesome

2 Likes

Are you texting to yer self… agin? Sneezles61

Raspberry mead or melomel I guess. Dangerous…

Maybe those stockings will all receive a nice bottle of this? HO HO HOOO Sneezles61