Do different malts crush differently?

Don’t remember seeing anything about this, so will inquire. Yesterday I brewed the NB/Town Hall Historic IPA recipe that uses Warminster Maris Otter malt. This was a new maltster for me. I used my Barley Crusher mill as always using the same roller spacing. I noticed what appeared to be more powder than usual, but otherwise the crush looked good. When I began adding the crushed grain to the mash it tended to clump much more than grains I 've used before and required quite a lot more time and attention than normal to get things mixed well for the mash. Has anyone else ever noticed a difference between different malts/maltsters and the resulting crush? Does some processing result in a more brittle malt? I’ve used a lot of Maris Otter over the years, but never the Warminster. Any thoughts, ideas (or comments about how I must have had a few too many homebrews before I started)?

Some do crush different. Some malts are harder more plump I usually make small adjustments if my crush doesn’t look like I normally like it…