Discgolf

I remember when it was called Frolf. Our local course is connected to public play fields and adult beverages are VERBOTEN! The area is flat,prairie like, and ze wind howls.

I put homebrew in unflavored seltzer bottles and pour into red Solo cups for some places that have “rules”. The bottles are OK with pressure and impart no flavor. You do have to use your head about where you will be able to bend the rules and where not. Of course don’t drive home if having more than 1 or 2.

I don’t play (old fashion) golf any longer but buddies that do tell me many courses have no alcohol rules on the course but if you buy beer from the 19th hole the rules change :roll:

I just bottled part of a Hefe batch in Seltzer bottles. This was a first for me and I was surprised how stiff the bottles got after one day. I may take one to the course once they carb.

[quote=“HD4Mark”]
I put homebrew in unflavored seltzer bottles and pour into red Solo cups for some places that have “rules”. The bottles are OK with pressure and impart no flavor. You do have to use your head about where you will be able to bend the rules and where not. Of course don’t drive home if having more than 1 or 2.

I don’t play (old fashion) golf any longer but buddies that do tell me many courses have no alcohol rules on the course but if you buy beer from the 19th hole the rules change :roll: [/quote]

No self respecting Disc Golfer has ever called it Frolfing…that phrase makes me cringe! anywho, I’ve played for 16 years. We’ve got one good course here in Aberdeen, SD…when I lived in mpls, my favorite courses to play were Kaposia Park, North Valley and Acorn Park.

I’ve been playing a lot after a couple years away… pretty cool to be out rambling around the woods, throwing some wicked cool tosses, enjoying beers and stuff. It’s also nice to get some exercise and have some time away from everything. The freeness helps too.

I like to bottle a couple swing tops from the tap to share with buddies. There’s obvious signs of debauchery going on, but it’s pretty low-key, and I’ve never heard of problems with the man at a course.

:cheers:

Ball golf has only reminded me of buying tickets to a Nickleback concert: you pay good money to get very upset with yourself. As involved as I get during disc tossin’ I can always enjoy myself and my day. The brews are essential only in that it’s about taking the time. It’s a very sane-ing activity :smiley:

I certainly don’t appreciate the stoner slight against the sport. Yeah, it’s a prevalent practice, but it’s a cheap, low observation on a very diverse group of players. Poor form.

[quote=“Hoppenheimer”]I certainly don’t appreciate the stoner slight against the sport. Yeah, it’s a prevalent practice, but it’s a cheap, low observation on a very diverse group of players. Poor form.[/quote]As one who used to play the game (it’s not a sport IMO, just like regular golf, tennis, dressage, swimming, and anything played in the olympics except basketball and boxing) and having lived near Pease Park (fantastic course in its day) at one time, I can tell you that at least in Austin the term “stoner” is an apt and accurate description for the vast majority of players in the 70s and 80s. It’s no more poor form than calling homebrewers “fat guys with beards” to which I take no offense although it certainly doesn’t apply to me (I’m 6’5", 195 lbs, and clean-shaven) given that a large percentage of homebrewers are indeed fat and do have beards. And anyway, “stoner” isn’t a slight, it’s a compliment! :wink:

+1000! Well put.

Hockey is a hell of a lot more than a game! :wink:

[quote=“ibeentired”]Hockey is a hell of a lot more than a game! :wink: [/quote]Only for yankees though (and yes, Dallas is considered yankee by the rest of the state).

+1 for taking back “stoner”.

'Round these parts it’s largely a derogatory term (mostly) and it gets really annoying listening to small mindedness. I bow out from my defensiveness.

After family, I only have time for two hobbies. Disc Golf and Homebrewing. :cheers:

:cheers:

I used to play disc golf before the kids came along. I have the best of both worlds out here in Sturbridge,MA. We actually have a brewery with a disc golf course on the property. Not to mention one of the better courses in the area at Buffumville Dam only a few miles away in Charlton,MA.

I wasn’t a very good player. Could never get the hang of the throw that makes the disc curve to the right. That sidearm grip. It was still fun though.

Love busting out a Tomahawk throw now and then!

In our mini last night there was a guy who hit 2 aces. Both Tomahawk throws.