Discgolf

Any of you folks play discgolf? If so where do you play, whats your favorite course and do you take any homebrew to enjoy during the round? I have yet to take any homebrew since I’m a little nervous about getting caught with alcohol on the course. Their are plenty of folks who have beer and and little baggies/jars of green stuff but I have never seen anyone get busted. I guess I’m a little to cautious.

I mostly play Town Lake and Alex Clark in McKinney, Tx and Munson Park in Denison, Tx.
My favorite course would have to be Pease Park in Austin which is no longer a course. :frowning:

Played a lot back in highshool/college. 2 decent courses (I think, not really sure since it’s all I know) in French Creek State Park, Pennsylvania… about an hour or so west of Philly. We never drank while playing. We partook in other… ahem… activities :mrgreen: . The courses are through the woods which is pretty cool. Gotta throw up/down hills, around trees, over creeks. The hole signs were sketchy at best. Some were tough to find and some were just non-existent.

Man, you’re bringing back memories. Good times!

I try to play everyday weather permitting. There are always people at the local course crushing PBRs (it’s a university town) and dumping their cans all over the place despite the fact that there are garbage cans on half of the holes. In six years the only story I’ve heard of with the law getting involved was them asking kids to dump out their beers (and that was only once). It seems like a “look the other way” thing with disc golf. Dunno why. I take a micro out nearly every time and enjoy it on the fourth hole (great view from a bench that’s usually shaded by a nearby building).

I drink occasionally when I play, and I’ve also seen this green stuff you speak of. Never heard of 5-0 getting involved, just stay low key, bring a backpack…

Man I wish I new about discgolf when I was a kid. But the cool thing is I found the sport and introduced it to my kids. My sons love it and they can’t play enough. I will have some great memories and I hope they will as well.

[quote=“dobe12”]Played a lot back in highshool/college. 2 decent courses (I think, not really sure since it’s all I know) in French Creek State Park, Pennsylvania… about an hour or so west of Philly. We never drank while playing. We partook in other… ahem… activities :mrgreen: . The courses are through the woods which is pretty cool. Gotta throw up/down hills, around trees, over creeks. The hole signs were sketchy at best. Some were tough to find and some were just non-existent.

Man, you’re bringing back memories. Good times![/quote]

Maybe you should make a hemp seed ale and kill 2 birds with one stone(d)?

I love discgolf. Unfortunately it’s been tough to squeeze it in with a two year old at home but I’m thinking about taking him with sometime this summer and letting him run around while I play. I used to go probably four times a week in the summer for a few years and a couple beers are a must.

I’ve been wanting to try it, no course where I live but there’s a few where i want to move too

Maybe you should make a hemp seed ale and kill 2 birds with one stone(d)?[/quote]

Haha, sounds good, no more for me though, got a 9 month old at home.

Maybe you should make a hemp seed ale and kill 2 birds with one stone(d)?[/quote]

Haha, sounds good, no more for me though, got a 9 month old at home.[/quote]

reason number 954,456,321,574,6352 to not ever have kids.

You’ll still want to keep an eye open. Unlike golf, there’s very little etiquette observed, and those discs (especially drives) can do some damage. I’ve been hit by a drive before and my back still hurts when I think about it.

Never even heard of Discgolf. Guess I’ve been sheltered. Or maybe it’s an east coast thing.

Not even close. It is huge in Colorado, California, oregon, washington. hell it is pretty big everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oivxtj9esKk

This is one of our course here in charleston.

As far as I can tell it’s big everywhere and it’s growing extremely fast. There are tournaments all over the world.
One of the neat things about it is most courses are free to play. But with that being said I would like to see more pay to play courses. As mentioned above the etiquette isn’t all that good on a crowded course in a park.

That looks like an awesome course. I would lose so many discs :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing the video.

Not even close. It is huge in Colorado, California, oregon, washington. hell it is pretty big everywhere.

This is one of our course here in charleston.[/quote]

[quote=“Sarge”]That looks like an awesome course. I would lose so many discs :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing the video.

This is one of our course here in charleston.[/quote][/quote]

trophy lakes is sick.

It is actually around a water ski lake. So you can watch wake boarders getting pulled down the lines busting their asses while you play.

And about the lose disc, they have people that will dive and get the disc every few months.

You can see people skiing in the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0aBIyM0_I

[quote=“paultuttle”]Never even heard of Discgolf. Guess I’ve been sheltered.[/quote]Maybe because only players and fans call it “discgolf” - everyone else calls it “frisbee golf” or “stoners in the woods.”

You don’t use frisbees in disc golf. Just saying.

[quote=“muddywater_grant”]You don’t use frisbees in disc golf. Just saying.[/quote]When we were first playing frisbee golf in the late 70s, we didn’t have fancy drivers and putters, just big heavy frisbees and the occasional “ladies” model for short distances if you were lucky. And the pot was a lot weaker too.

I play in east central FL. I just don’t play often in the summer as its way to damn hot. I have brought a growler out for my friends to try, otherwise we always drink and quite a few smoke. I take the GoPro out from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccew_R0 ... ata_player