Digital Temp Control question

Put my Dig Temp Control on last night. What should my ASD be set on? I had the ASD on 5 minutes. I set my SP at 69 and checked the temp this morn and it was 54. I may have screwed up, but it is a very old chest freezer, like 1982. But if it works it shouldnt matter right? Since the control shorts it right? Any help would be appreciated, as I “was” going to brew a B. Dubbel saturday.
Prost :cheers:

What are the internal jumpers set to. i am assuming you are using the Johnson Control A419 controller. Additional information will be helpful like exact model, settings e.g., OFS, Dif, etc.

Cheers!
Barry

You’ll get better temp control if you tape the probe to the outside of the fermenter and then cover with bubble wrap or some other insulator. Then set your differential to +/- 1 or 2 F and the desired temp at 1F below the target beer temp. This will keep the compressor from cycling when you open the lid and takes out the guesswork of how much heat the fermentation is going to produce.

Temp Controller Settings

How to use the Temp Controller:

press menu and then use the arrows to cycle through the submenus:
SP: setpoint (-30 to 212F, factory default = 30)
dIF: differential (1 to 30F, default = 5)
ASd: anti-short cycle delay (0 to 12 minutes, default = 1)
OFS: temperature offset (0 to 50F, default = 0)
SF: sensor failure operation (0 = power off, 1 = power on, default = 1)

And here are my personal settings for a kegerator or beer storage fridge:

SP: 39F
dIF: 2F
ASd: 5min
OFS: 0F
SF: 0

For a fermentation fridge (at say 62F) I would suggest:

SP: 61F
dIF: 1F
ASd: 1min

"And here are my personal settings for a kegerator or beer storage fridge:

SP: 39F
dIF: 2F
ASd: 5min

For a fermentation fridge (at say 62F) I would suggest:

SP: 61F
dIF: 1F
ASd: 1min
SF: 0"

I have the exact opposite issue. I am fermenting in a cold room with a ferm wrap. I am using the johnson control to heat. I placed both the jumpers in the “installed” positions and set my SP for 67 and my dIF for 2. I have not set the ASd. Does this sound like it is right? Having a bit of time wrapping my head around this.