Dextrins in Cider?

So after running a first test batch through for a few gallons, as a prep to a full 5-gallon batch, I created very dry (almost lambic-like) apple cider, using lalvin. As expected, of course. my next batch will use US-05 and I plan on it being sweeter.

My question is this: Is there a precedent for using straight maltodextrin in cider as either a vehicle for head retention or to add body to what would otherwise be a very light drink? And how would this work? Would boiling the cider be required? thanks much

Maltodextrin can certainly be used. Personally, I plan to add lactose to some of my finished cider in the next week or so. Lactose and maltodextrin are both unfermentable and treated essentially equally, and can be added at any time including on bottling day, which is when I add mine. Roughly 3/4 pound per 5 gallons seems about right for beer so that’s what I’ll use for my cider. Boil the sugar in just a little water for about 10 minutes just to dissolve it and to kill any bugs, then cool and add it in. That’s all there is to it.