Dehumidifiers in kegerator

My keezer is built around a 9 cubic foot capacity Kenmore chest freezer and holds 3-4 kegs with CO2 tank inside, plus room for some bottles. I also caulked the seams with silicon sealer.

One Eva-dry 500 is being overwhelmed during periods when I open and close it a lot. Also, the basement humidity is higher at this time of year because the temperatures are mild and the house heating is not running very much. A second Eva-dry unit might be sufficient to control the problem.

I’m intrigued by the fan idea and might get a computer cooling type fan and hang it inside to circulate air and keep temperatures more even within the keezer.

Does anyone have experience with re-painting the appliance interiors? I have a few rust spots now and was wondering if there is a product besides appliance paint that would do a better job of sealing the interior metal from moisture. Something plastic or epoxy?

I run 2 Eva-Drys in my 9 cubic foot chest keezer. With one, I was still getting big puddles in the bottom. It gets seriously humid in Virginia.

Do the Eva-Drys come with the power supply required for renewal? I don’t see it mentioned any where on the website.

You plug the unit into the wall when the gel turns pink. The unit has a plug that folds into the base. It is a very nice, neat package.

i dont know if they all are the same, but i have a bucket of the damp rid in my basement, and it has a perfume. i don’t think i’d want that in my keezer… what about getting a plactic tub full of calcium chloride? punch a bunch of holes in the lid. you can get it cheaply as ice melt for your driveway.

As you note, Damp-Rid uses calcium chloride while Eva-dry and some other products use silica gel. The silica gel can be recharged with heat (plug in the unit or put the gel pellets in the oven to dry them). I think the calcium chloride has to be thrown away and replaced once it is saturated, but I don’t know for certain.

I agree and would also stay away from anything with perfumes.

I just ordered 2 of these for my 15 cu/ft Keezer.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030BF3VW/ref ... ce_3p_dp_1

Best deal I could find online with free shipping!

I just hope these aren’t too hard to see and I lose them!! :wink:

Here
http://www.cabelas.com/gun-safes-hydrosorbent-silica-gel-3.shtml
is a link to some Silica Gel if you are wanting to try something different.