Dear Denny

We don’t know each other but I just gotta say thanks!

I made up a batch of your Waldo Lake amber, and it’s just great… A real session drinker. I kinda messed up a little, and managed to ‘forget’ a couple quarts of wort from my mash tun which I added in at the end of my boil to make up the quantity… But nevertheless, it’s going down great.

But, I took a growler into a happy hour at the office space I share, which was sponsored by the Bronx Brewery.

The head brewer there, Damien, was in attendance, and he asked to try my HB. I almost said no, being way too scared to hear the result… But I poured anyhow, and much to my surprise he said it was pretty good, and asked for some more!

My other friends and coworkers there said the same- and now I am on the hook for another growler next week :slight_smile:

So, thank you for helping me have a great evening, making it so easy to reproduce something that has even the professionals asking for more. :slight_smile:

Till the next brew!

– James

Thank you, James! You made my day. If you happen to be going to NHC, be sure to find me and say hi.

Ah, wish I was, but that thing sold out before I even knew what wort meant! Next year, perhaps.

I’ve introduced homebrewing to a friend of mine with Waldo lake amber. and now he’s hooked, and the beer is great! thanks for all the great recipes. and most of all, thanks for taking the time to answer questions and help people like me on this forum. it means a lot knowing the information is coming from a reputable source.

thanks again! :cheers:

I need to give this recipe a go at some point because my friends and I have been very pleased (and intoxicated) with the Rye Smile and Imperial Bourbon Vanilla Porter. We still have a few months but I’m sure the Old Stoner will not disappoint either. Thanks Denny

So we’ll see you next year in Philly!

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]I’ve introduced homebrewing to a friend of mine with Waldo lake amber. and now he’s hooked, and the beer is great! thanks for all the great recipes. and most of all, thanks for taking the time to answer questions and help people like me on this forum. it means a lot knowing the information is coming from a reputable source.

thanks again! :cheers: [/quote]

“Reputable source”??? Shhhh…don’t let anyone hear that! :mrgreen:

Thank you all for the kind words.

:cheers: