dead ringer

is 3 weeks primary. 1 week conditioning I dry hoped after I racked to a different carboy. is it to soon to bottle. I was thinking tonight or tomorrow or do I need to wait when racked to conditioning carboy I got a reading of 1.010.

Hmmm, trying to decipher your post. :oops:

The only thing I would be concerned about is the beers clarity because of the dry hopping. If you feel it’s ready, bottle away!

let me try it again . started a dead ringer ipa. 1 month ago today. I left it in the primary for 3 weeks. rack to a secondary . at that time I dry hoped for 1 week. my question is this. can I bottle now or should I wait 1 more week.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]
The only thing I would be concerned about is the beers clarity because of the dry hopping. If you feel it’s ready, bottle away![/quote]

Some people get undesirable flavor when they DH for longer periods. Some don’t go longer than 3-5 days.

Bottle it.

ok thanks for the help. next time should I wait a little longer before I dry hope?

If you can filter from secondary to bottling bucket. The dry hop leaves a good amount crap in the secondary.

Since I keg I always cold crash down to serving temp and then siphon to my keg. This drops everything out of the beer. Though I have found that my heavily dry hopped beers still maintain a cloudiness. I may try gelatin but then again, it’s character.

just bottled and you where right on to much crap. I won’t be doing it that way again. so how do you filter before bottling. this is my 3 brew. still have a lot to learn.

You cant unless you’re bottling from a keg. You can use gelatin.

Are you using muslin bags? They make the hop mess a bit easier to deal with. If you are not, you should try it and make sure to add marbles so that the bag sinks to the bottom.

Waiting longer before you dry hop is not going to change the clarity of the beer post dry hop. Only time post dry hop will change the clarity. Cool the beer as much as you can to help the beer clear.

to dry hop I’ve been using what comes in the kit which is the pellets. can I still use the bag and marbles.

Yes. Only reccomendation i have is to make the muslin bag rather loose as it will make it easier to remove from the carboy afterwards.

I keg, but even then I siphon into a mesh bag to filter out the crap. You could do the same to the bottling bucket. I also started using Irish moss, but that doesn’t drop the dry hops. I also heard that you should only dry hop for 3 days, heard that in brew club. My dead ringer was dry hopped for 2 weeks, finish was real bitter, drys out your mouth. The nose and taste were quite good.

[quote=“Nighthawk”][quote=“Nighthawk”]
The only thing I would be concerned about is the beers clarity because of the dry hopping. If you feel it’s ready, bottle away![/quote]

Some people get undesirable flavor when they DH for longer periods. Some don’t go longer than 3-5 days.[/quote]

OTOH, some of us dry hop for months without problems…

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“Nighthawk”][quote=“Nighthawk”]

Some people get undesirable flavor when they DH for longer periods. Some don’t go longer than 3-5 days.[/quote]

OTOH, some of us dry hop for months without problems…[/quote]

One needs to experiment to see what works for them.

thanks for all the help