Dead Ringer fermenting temperature

The instructions for Dead Ringer IPA said you should pitch the yeast at 78 degrees fahrenheit or lower.

They say move it to a warm dark spot – what do they consider warm for an IPA to be?

Is the pitch temperature usually the same as what you want to have a beer ferment at?

:cheers:

Personally i’d pitch closer to high 60’s, and if you’ve got a room with ambient temps in the low 60’s it would be perfect.

Edit: This is considering that the yeast in question is US-05 or Wyeast 1056

[quote=“A1 Mark”]The instructions for Dead Ringer IPA said you should pitch the yeast at 78 degrees fahrenheit or lower.

They say move it to a warm dark spot – what do they consider warm for an IPA to be?

Is the pitch temperature usually the same as what you want to have a beer ferment at?

:cheers: [/quote]

Many, many people would take exception to these instructions ranging from bad advice to plain wrong.

I believe you should pitch at the same temps that you ferment and for me, with that yeast I ferment at 62 to 64*

[quote=“560sdl”]I believe you should pitch at the same temps that you ferment and for me, with that yeast I ferment at 62 to 64*[/quote]+1