Dead ringer fermentation temp

Hey all. My Dead ringer is fermenting at an ambient of 62. This is the common temp of my basement. I wanted to know if this is a good temp or if I should warm it up. Also I wasn’t sure if 62 vs say 65 results in a longer ferment time. Thanks as always.

I made this kit. And mine fermented AT a konstant 69 and it was the best. Brews ever cheers

ChrisR
“Hey all. My Dead ringer is fermenting at an ambient of 62. This is the common temp of my basement. I wanted to know if this is a good temp or if I should warm it up. Also I wasn’t sure if 62 vs say 65 results in a longer ferment time. Thanks as always.”

If the ambient is 62 the temp in the fermenter will be higher by several degrees. I don’t know what yeast you’re using, but you should be good.

I have a Dead Ringer in the fermentor on day four. I pitched the yeast at 57°F and let the fermentation free rise where the ambient temperature is 67° to 68°F. 7 AM the next morning after pitching the fermenting beer temperature was 66°. Beer temperature is currently 67.8°. I am using WY 1056 generation 6 yeast from a fresh starter.

WY 1056 and US-05 will throw a peach flavor when the fermenting beer is below 64° to 65°.

Measure the temperature at the height of your fermentor. The floor can be a few degrees cooler than a waist height workbench.