Dead Ringer comparison

“Supposed to be a maibock”…a joke! Rogue called it that although they knew full well is wasn’t.

Thanks for the info and corrections, guys!

2 Likes

Best part about commercial brewing. Call the beer style whatever you want.

First time I read that it was a maibock my reaction was…HUH??? and a lot of head scratching.

2 Likes

got my death ringer ready to drink

1 Like

Came out the same color as mine. Had one with dinner last night. Pairs well with a cheeseburger. :wink:

1 Like

What doesn’t pair well with a cheeseburger?

2 Likes

Someone brought some DR to camp last week and it was tasty. Maybe I’ll give it a go. Should I go with the dead ringer recipe or make some changes?

Water

1 Like

First time brewing a recipe I always go without changes.

Do you have to treat your water ? I have a deep well and the water is perfect for pale ales so I don’t change anything

No its osmosis water. Use bit burton salt thats it. New thing i do. Use yeast nutrient. 10 min before end of boil

Why do you boil it?

You mean the nutrient yeast. It does say on the instruction sheet. Add 10 min before end of boil

Can’t read the label. The stuff I have doesn’t say to add to the boil. Maybe they are worried about the bag getting contaminatd

I use the Wyeast nutrient. The instructions say to boil in water for ten minutes, then add. I just sprinkle a little in with ten minutes to go.

This is what I use for Mead and wine. I don’t add it to wort. Never had the need. If you need to boil it you couldn’t use it in Mead wine or cider. Must be different stuff.

1 Like

Personally I started using Wyeast Nutrient Blend two years back as cheap insurance. My LHBS stocks Servomyces like Wilco uses. Wyeast instructions said to add 15 mins before end of boil, Servomyces says to add 10 mins before end of boil. Oh, and DR is quite tasty from my experience. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

You probably don’t need it unless your using really old yeast or maybe in a really really big beer

Brewed my version of this all centennial IPA on Friday. 88% 2 row, 8% vienna, 4% c40, 1 oz centennial FWH, magnum for bittering, then 1.5oz of centennial at 10, 5 and 2 mins, pitched 2L active starter of 1272 in low 60s and I’ll let the temp start to rise this evening. I’ll DH it with a couple ounces after FG at room temp then drop another ounce in the keg when it goes in the fridge. It’s about 7% abv, 80ish IBU.

1 Like