Danstar Windsor Temperature

Hey - I just brewed a relatively light beer (around 1.40 OG) yesterday for the first time this summer, with Danstar Windsor. I’ve never used this yeast before (obviously should have studied better) but somehow thought that this one would work like S-05. I pitched it pretty high around 70 - but thinking that it would take a few hours for this to get started and I had the carboy in a swamp cooler, I thought it would be ok.
Today - I got back from work and saw that this thing was going like crazy… and the temp was still at 70-71! The basement was warmer than I had expected and it’s been very difficult to bring the temperature down… I managed to bring it down to around 66-67 now but it seems like it’s been at least 20 hours after this thing started going. And I read that 66 is still too high for this yeast? I HATE the bubblegum/estery taste in beer, for this reason I stopped using S-04 for a long time and stuck to S-05 whenever I used dry yeast… Am I in for a bubblegum feast with the temperature? I wonder if I have any chance to fix this a little with aging… just had no experience with this yeast at all.

Just can’t wait till winter… it’s just easier brewing season for me. OR maybe I should just use S-05 whenever I make beer with dry yeast.

Never brewed this yeast at temp - always around 62-64 - cant help ya out - sorry