Danny Boy

Going through some bottles I had on the shelf and really enjoyed a Danny Boy unfiltered German style pilsner from Kent Falls Brewing. Said it was a German hops. Kind of fruity. Any Ideas? Guess I’ll need to take a road trip.

1 Like

What kind of fruit. Hops like Hull melon Mandarin Bavaria and Ariana all have some fruit flavor and german hops

Did some internet research. It’s apparently brewed with mittlfrue and calista hops. Have you used calista hops ?

Yes i use them in some of my sours. Not in a lager yet. They have blackberry, raspberry, apricot passion fruit, peach goose berry grapefruit notes late hop and dry hop

Wait…whaaaat…they stole me name? haha

Calista huh…interesting.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw the title and thought you were sent off with our angry friend! :scream:

2 Likes

I did too haha

1 Like

Click bait. Now that I have your attention anyone use calista hops. Interesting flavor wonder how much they use

Our head brewer just did a collaboration with another brewery in town, and they’re using all Callista in whirlpool and dry hopping. I’ll let you know how it turns out!

1 Like

I had the same thought…wait am I suppose to read this?

I have not used calista but it sounded familiar. Turns out I have an ounce in my freezer that I think must’ve been a freebie or in a mixed bag I ordered once…

1 Like