Damp Rid in Keezer

[quote=“brewsumore”]

Andrew, I appreciate the cost analysis. Like you say, different strokes for different folks. I thought along the same lines and so bought Damp Rid at first, and found that it was a hassle for me. I admit there’s a bit of shekel to put out to get two EVA-Dry’s, but I wouldn’t trade them![/quote]

Different strokes for different folks: agreed. Also, depending on where you have your kegerator (and if inside, whether or not you use A/C regularly), your air moisture content may vary, and therefore situation may vary. That could greatly change the value proposition in favor of reusable media.

[quote=“Silentknyght”][quote=“brewsumore”]

Andrew, I appreciate the cost analysis. Like you say, different strokes for different folks. I thought along the same lines and so bought Damp Rid at first, and found that it was a hassle for me. I admit there’s a bit of shekel to put out to get two EVA-Dry’s, but I wouldn’t trade them![/quote]

Different strokes for different folks: agreed. Also, depending on where you have your kegerator (and if inside, whether or not you use A/C regularly), your air moisture content may vary, and therefore situation may vary. That could greatly change the value proposition in favor of reusable media.[/quote]

My keezer kegerator is in my basement at about 55% humidity and ~60 - 65F ambient, and holds up to 6 cornies, which is usually what’s in there. I recharge my Eva Dry’s about once every month or two (try to keep the silica balls BLUE) and this keeps the kegerator completely free of condensation. I’m a clean nut when it comes to the inside of my kegerator, and this helps.

I guess I’m in the minority here but I like Damprid. I bought the little basket/bucket thingy, and a bag of the refill. My 7 cu-ft and my 5 cu-ft keezers both get the little bucket and I have no moisture issues. I have to drain the bucket about once a year in each and refill the crystals. Each one sits in a low corner of the keezer. They work great.