Curing High Temp Paint on Brewstand

Finished the frame work to my new 30gal brew rig. Looking to paint it with high temp paint and needing some ideas for curing the paint before use. The paint recommends 250F/30min, 400F/30min, 600F/30min heating cycles and cooling for 30min between cycles to cure paint prior to use. Any ideas other than a heat gun? Simply firing up the burners is not an option.

I painted mine with hi temp BBQ paint and never did anything special to cure it. Many years later, it still looks the same and no rust. Are you using something different than spray paint?

I planned on using the Rustoluem 2000F+ High Heat.

http://www.rustoleum.com/en/product-catalog/consumer-brands/auto/specialty-paints/high-heat

I think most people buy the “barbecue grill” paint from hom depot 1200 degree. That stuff is 2000 degree for exhaust headers and what not. Are there parts that will take direct flame? If not 1200 degree is probably fine.

I painted my last brew stand with grill paint and it didn’t hold up to two 220K btu burners very well.
Thanks to a buddy who have a giant pile of spare concrete blocks, I think we have devised a plan to build a temperary oven to slide it in to. So far seems the easiest way to go.

hmm, i’m at the same exact place in my stand build, Friday the racks for holding the kegs and burners get added on. Can’t wait to get it done, i’ve told people no brews until i’m brewing on the stand.

Ok I checked my notes. I used brake cleaner solvent to wipe down the oily greasy film on the brew cart and then painted it with Rustoleum 1200

I cleaned my last cart with acetone prior to painting with grill paint. It held up nicely other than anywhere exposed to flame. In those areas it pretty well just turned to ash.

Mine is so dirty looking from use that it wouldn’t matter what I painted it with, but maybe this summer I will clean it with a wire brush and go with some new paint…you inspired me to consider making my equipment look better!

:cheers:

I’m with you I have a 220,000 btu burner and it burned the 1200 off like nothing.

I’m with you I have a 220,000 btu burner and it burned the 1200 off like nothing.[/quote]Slightly off topic but why 220,000 btu? I boil 25 gallon hlt with a 35,000 and 25 gallon bk with a 58,000 btu NG burner.

Just happened to switch out my KAB6’s for 220K double jets during my last upgrade. But, the grill paint didn’t even hold up to the KAB6’s.

Good idea using the blocks for a temp oven. I used a kerosene space heater similarly to cure hi temp paint on an exhaust system I made for my summer car. Worked very well. :cheers:

I’m with you I have a 220,000 btu burner and it burned the 1200 off like nothing.[/quote]Slightly off topic but why 220,000 btu? I boil 25 gallon hlt with a 35,000 and 25 gallon bk with a 58,000 btu NG burner.[/quote] isn’t bigger better? Lol it was a good price plus its made and sold in Michigan. One other bonus is if I’m standing with in 5 feet of it I stay nice and toasty.