Create your own 6 pack gems

I mentioned in another thread I had a mix your own 6 pack in the fridge. There is a drug store close by that has a fairly good selection of beer to make one up for $8.99

Ever find any gems in those? One choice is Dogfish head 90. It’s usually about $11 a 4 pack so if I grab 4 of them for my sixer, I’m way ahead. They also have is Ommegang dubble and Bells Two Hearted ale. One day while I was grabbing 6 the beer distributor was stocking the shelf and grinned at me. He must not have let on to the store because the same beers are there.

In Florida the grocery had Victory Golden Monkey in their create your own. They quickly caught on to that and now charge different prices for each bottle.

1 Like

Alot of the beers in the mix your own are nothing special but the generally mix in a few good ones just to get rid of them or sweeten the pot. Some of the stuff wouldn’t sell for 9 or 10 so I guess it all evens out. I’m sure their not losing money

1 Like

They lose money on me but I guess you are right because most people wouldn’t know how much those gems are worth.

OR, is it to the point the brew must getting to the dead on arrival date, and rather than have to haul them back, just, make it so its going away… Sneezles61

2 Likes

Never gave the date any thought. The Ommegang could benefit from aging, 90 not so much. I’ll try to check some dates next time. If I can remember to bring my glasses in the store. :rage:

1 Like