Cream Ale with honey

I want to brew the Cream Ale extract kit, which has an O.G. of 1.040. How would you estimate the O.G. with a pound of honey (http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/ames … honey.html) added at flame out?

Thanks in advance for passing along any knowledge.

1 Lb of honey would raise your OG by .007 or so. Which would make your OG 1.047

Would a pound of honey at flame out do anything for the taste, or just raise the OG?

[quote=“Andy72”]Would a pound of honey at flame out do anything for the taste, or just raise the OG?[/quote]Depends on the honey but most will ferment out almost completely so there will be little or no taste. I use cheap clover honey from a big box store often to boost gravity. Works fine just don’t get carried away with it.

EDIT: Looked back at the post and the link is for Buckwheat honey. I have never tried that so I can’t give advise on the taste.

Thanks for the notes back. I hope to get just a little floral aroma and a hint of honey, realizing that most of it will ferment out. And a small boost in O.G. sounds okay - .007 doesn’t seem anything too crazy. Worth the experiment.

And for those of you just tuning in, Buckwheat has been shot…

Po’ Bu’whea’.

Buckwheat honey is nearly as strong as molasses isn’t it? It’ll surely leave a distinct flavor and aroma. I’d sue something like orange blossom honey or a wildflower that’ll give you a hint of floral.