Cream Ale Gravity

I recently bottled my batch of NB Cream Ale kit. As a summertime “lawnmower” beer, I know it’s not a primairly heavy hitter but I was wondering if anyone had any insight to a round-about Gravity reading. I measured it at a 1.012. This came to equal an ABV of 2.7/ 3%. Is this typical or is my brew way under normal range? Thanks. :cheers:

That is on the high end for FG of a cream ale. but within range right at the top.

Vital Statistics: OG: 1.042 – 1.055
IBUs: 15 – 20 FG: 1.006 – 1.012
SRM: 2.5 – 5 ABV: 4.2– 5.6%

I just did an all grain and it finished at 1.006.

Generall speaking, the ABV depends on the OG and the FG. We know your FG was 1.012. What was your OG? If it was 1.040 then your ABV is approximately 3.6%. If it was lower than 1.040 then your ABV will be less.

I just finished a keg of N.B. Cream Ale. I think my ABV was around 3.5 %. I’m not at home right now so I can’t check my notes. When I get up tomorrow I’ll check and add it into this reply. I have N.B. T allgrass Wheat on tap now. I screwed it up during the boil by adding water to replenish some boil off and thinned it out too much. The ABV is 2.8 % but is is still very drinkable.

After looking at my notes, I had an OG OG 1.046, for some reason I did not write down the FG, but have an ABV listed as 1.043.

You must’ve been shootin’ for one of those non-alcoholic beverage with an ABV of 1.043. :wink:

You must’ve been shootin’ for one of those non-alcoholic beverage with an ABV of 1.043. :wink: [/quote]

Oh Poop!!! That should be 4.3 % ABV. Night shift will do that to ya. That would be a good summer thirst quencher. You can drink a ton and never get loopie!! Probably pass a DUI check point. “No sir officer, I wasn’t drinking beer, just my home brewed water” :smiley:

Just bottled the NB Cream a couple weeks ago. Full boil extract, three week primary & into bottles. Ended up at about 3.9 abv.

Well, How do they taste?

Well, How do they taste?[/quote]

Tried the first one yesterday. Not quite fully carbed, but close. It tastes ok, but on the bland side. I think it could use an addition of something to liven it up. Maybe fruit or more hops. I never played with a recipe yet. Guess it’s time to start! :cheers: